The Invariance Proposition in Baseball: New Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Krautmann, Anthony C, 1999. "What's Wrong with Scully-Estimates of a Player's Marginal Revenue Product," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 369-381, April.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1974. "Pay and Performance in Major League Baseball," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 915-930, December.
- Michael A. Leeds & Sandra Kowalewski, 2001. "Winner Take All in the NFL," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(3), pages 244-256, August.
- Rodney Fort, 2010. "Observation, Replication, and Measurement in Sports Economics," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 11(1), pages 3-16, February.
- Jason Winfree & Rodney Fort, 2012. "Nash Conjectures and Talent Supply in Sports League Modeling," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 13(3), pages 306-313, June.
- Stefan Szymanski & Stefan KÈsenne, 2004.
"Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 165-177, March.
- SZYMANSKI, Stefan & KÉSENNE, Stefan, 2003. "Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports," Working Papers 2003003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- E. Woodrow Eckard, 2001. "Baseballâ€™s Blue Ribbon Economic Report," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(3), pages 213-227, August.
- Stefan KÃ‰senne, 2004. "Competitive Balance and Revenue Sharing," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 5(2), pages 206-212, May.
- Stephen T. Easton & Duane W. Rockerbie, 2005. "Revenue Sharing, Conjectures, and Scarce Talent in a Sports League Model," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 6(4), pages 359-378, November.
- Jason Winfree & Jill McCluskey & Ron Mittelhammer & Rodney Fort, 2004. "Location and attendance in major league baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(19), pages 2117-2124.
- KÉSENNE, Stefan, "undated". "Revenue sharing and competitive balance. Does it invariance proposition hold?," Working Papers 2003021, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:1:y:2003:i:2:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frederick Wiseman & Sangit Chatterjee, 2003. "Team payroll and team performance in major league baseball: 1985-2002," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 1(2), pages 1-10.
- Rockerbie, Duane, 2007. "Free Agent Auctions and Revenue Sharing: A Simple Approach," MPRA Paper 2218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F, 1981. "Duopoly Models with Consistent Conjectures," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 934-945, December.
- Joel Maxcy, 2009. "Progressive Revenue Sharing in Major League Baseball: The Effect on Player Transfers and Talent Distribution," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 35(3), pages 275-297, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rockerbie, Duane W, 2012. "Exploring inter-league parity in North America: the NBA anomaly," MPRA Paper 43088, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsbaseball; revenue sharing; parity;
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:55020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.