Exploring inter-league parity in North America: the NBA anomaly
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rockerbie, Duane, 2011. "The Invariance Proposition in Baseball: New Evidence," MPRA Paper 55020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Markus Lang, 2008.
"The Effect Of Gate Revenue Sharing On Social Welfare,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(3), pages 448-459, July.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang, 2006. "The Effect of Gate Revenue-Sharing on Social Welfare," Working Papers 0012, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA), revised 2007.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang, 2006. "The Effect of Gate Revenue-Sharing on Social Welfare," Working Papers 0060, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised 2007.
- Stefan Szymanski & Stefan KÈsenne, 2004.
"Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 165-177, March.
- SZYMANSKI, Stefan & KÉSENNE, Stefan, 2003. "Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports," Working Papers 2003003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- William A. Hamlen Jr., 2007. "Deviations From Equity and Parity in the National Football League," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 8(6), pages 596-615, December.
- Eberhard Feess & Frank Stähler, 2009. "Revenue Sharing In Professional Sports Leagues," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 56(2), pages 255-265, May.
- Stefan Kesenne, 2000. "Revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance in Professional Team Sports," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 1(1), pages 56-65, February.
- Anthony Krautmann, 2009. "Market size and the demand for talent in major league baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(25), pages 3267-3273.
- Stefan KÃ‰senne, 2004. "Competitive Balance and Revenue Sharing," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 5(2), pages 206-212, May.
- Reh, Wolfgang & Scheffler, Bernard, 1996. "Significance tests and confidence intervals for coefficients of variation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 449-452, August.
- Stephen Dobson & John Goddard, 2004. "Revenue Divergence And Competitive Balance In A Divisional Sports League," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(3), pages 359-376, August.
- Michel Cavagnac, 2009. "Revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance When Teams are not Wage Takers," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 35(3), pages 299-313, November.
- Trandel Gregory A & Maxcy Joel G, 2011. "Adjusting Winning-Percentage Standard Deviations and a Measure of Competitive Balance for Home Advantage," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-17, January.
- KÉSENNE, Stefan, "undated". "Revenue sharing and competitive balance in professional team sports," Working Papers 1999019, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:39:y:2005:i:4:p:1029-1041 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joel Maxcy, 2009. "Progressive Revenue Sharing in Major League Baseball: The Effect on Player Transfers and Talent Distribution," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 35(3), pages 275-297, November.
- John Vrooman, 2009. "Theory of the Perfect Game: Competitive Balance in Monopoly Sports Leagues," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 34(1), pages 5-44, February.
- Martin Grossmann & Helmut M. Dietl & Urs Trinkner, 2008. "The Effect of Marginal Cost Elasticity on Competitive Balance," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 9(4), pages 339-350, August.
- Brad R. Humphreys, 2002. "Alternative Measures of Competitive Balance in Sports Leagues," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(2), pages 133-148, May.
- John L. Solow & Anthony C. Krautmann, 2007. "Leveling the Playing Field or Just Lowering Salaries? The Effects of Redistribution in Baseball," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 947-958, April.
More about this item
Keywordssports; parity; NBA;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43088. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .