Exploring inter-league parity in North America: the NBA anomaly
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rockerbie, Duane, 2011. "The Invariance Proposition in Baseball: New Evidence," MPRA Paper 55020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Markus Lang, 2008.
"The Effect Of Gate Revenue Sharing On Social Welfare,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(3), pages 448-459, July.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang, 2006. "The Effect of Gate Revenue-Sharing on Social Welfare," Working Papers 0060, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised 2007.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang, 2006. "The Effect of Gate Revenue-Sharing on Social Welfare," Working Papers 0012, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA), revised 2007.
- Stefan Szymanski & Stefan KÈsenne, 2004.
"Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 165-177, March.
- SZYMANSKI, Stefan & KÉSENNE, Stefan, 2003. "Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports," Working Papers 2003003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- William A. Hamlen Jr., 2007. "Deviations From Equity and Parity in the National Football League," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 8(6), pages 596-615, December.
- Eberhard Feess & Frank Stähler, 2009. "Revenue Sharing In Professional Sports Leagues," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 56(2), pages 255-265, May.
- Stefan Kesenne, 2000. "Revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance in Professional Team Sports," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 1(1), pages 56-65, February.
- Anthony Krautmann, 2009. "Market size and the demand for talent in major league baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(25), pages 3267-3273.
- Stefan KÃ‰senne, 2004. "Competitive Balance and Revenue Sharing," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 5(2), pages 206-212, May.
- Reh, Wolfgang & Scheffler, Bernard, 1996. "Significance tests and confidence intervals for coefficients of variation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 449-452, August.
- Stephen Dobson & John Goddard, 2004. "Revenue Divergence And Competitive Balance In A Divisional Sports League," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(3), pages 359-376, August.
- Michel Cavagnac, 2009. "Revenue Sharing and Competitive Balance When Teams are not Wage Takers," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 35(3), pages 299-313, November.
- Trandel Gregory A & Maxcy Joel G, 2011. "Adjusting Winning-Percentage Standard Deviations and a Measure of Competitive Balance for Home Advantage," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-17, January.
- KÉSENNE, Stefan, "undated". "Revenue sharing and competitive balance in professional team sports," Working Papers 1999019, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- David J. Berri & Stacey L. Brook & Bernd Frick & Aju J. Fenn & Roberto Vicente-Mayoral, 2005. "The Short Supply of Tall People: Competitive Imbalance and the National Basketball Association," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 1029-1041, December.
- Joel Maxcy, 2009. "Progressive Revenue Sharing in Major League Baseball: The Effect on Player Transfers and Talent Distribution," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 35(3), pages 275-297, November.
- John Vrooman, 2009. "Theory of the Perfect Game: Competitive Balance in Monopoly Sports Leagues," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 34(1), pages 5-44, February.
- Martin Grossmann & Helmut M. Dietl & Urs Trinkner, 2008. "The Effect of Marginal Cost Elasticity on Competitive Balance," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 9(4), pages 339-350, August.
- Brad R. Humphreys, 2002. "Alternative Measures of Competitive Balance in Sports Leagues," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(2), pages 133-148, May.
- John L. Solow & Anthony C. Krautmann, 2007. "Leveling the Playing Field or Just Lowering Salaries? The Effects of Redistribution in Baseball," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 947-958, April.
More about this item
Keywordssports; parity; NBA;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SPO-2012-12-15 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43088. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.