Theory of the Perfect Game: Competitive Balance in Monopoly Sports Leagues
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kesenne, Stefan, 2000.
"The Impact of Salary Caps in Professional Team Sports,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(4), pages 422-430, September.
- KÉSENNE, Stefan, "undated". "The impact of salary caps in professional team sports," Working Papers 1999026, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- El-Hodiri, Mohamed & Quirk, James, 1971. "An Economic Model of a Professional Sports League," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1302-1319, Nov.-Dec..
- William S. Kern (ed.), 2000. "The Economics of Sports," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number es, November.
- Andrew Zimbalist (ed.), 2001. "The Economics of Sport," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 2128, April.
- Vrooman, John, 2000. "The Economics of American Sports Leagues," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(4), pages 364-398, September.
- Stefan Szymanski & Stefan KÈsenne, 2004.
"Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 165-177, March.
- SZYMANSKI, Stefan & KÉSENNE, Stefan, 2003. "Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports," Working Papers 2003003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Sloane, Peter J, 1971. "The Economics of Professional Football: The Football Club as a Utility Maximiser," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 18(2), pages 121-146, June.
- John Vrooman, 2007. "Theory Of The Beautiful Game: The Unification Of European Football," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(3), pages 314-354, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Young Hoon Lee & Rodney Fort, 2011. "Competitive Balance:Time Series Lessons from the English Premier League," Working Papers 1102, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University, revised Jun 2011.
- Healy, Gerald T., III & Tan, Jing Ru & Orazem, Peter, 2017. "Measuring Market Power in Professional Baseball, Basketball, Football and Hockey," ISU General Staff Papers 201708100700001030, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fort, Rodney & Maxcy, Joel & Diehl, Mark, 2016. "Uncertainty by regulation: Rottenberg׳s invariance principle," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 454-467.
- Rockerbie, Duane W, 2012. "Exploring inter-league parity in North America: the NBA anomaly," MPRA Paper 43088, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rockerbie, Duane & Easton, Stephen, 2017. "Risk Diversification from Revenue Sharing in a Professional Sports League: Measuring Welfare Gains," MPRA Paper 77431, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rockerbie, Duane & Easton, Stephen, 2017. "Revenue Sharing in Professional Sports Leagues as a Hedge for Exchange Rate Risk," MPRA Paper 77428, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul O’Sullivan, 2015. "Asymmetric Doping Effects and Sanctions in Sporting Contests," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n262-15.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Meletakos, Panagiotis & Chatzicharistos, Dimitrios & Apostolidis, Nikolaos & Manasis, Vasilios & Bayios, Ioannis, 2016. "Foreign players and competitive balance in Greek basketball and handball championships," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 391-401.
More about this item
KeywordsProfessional sports leagues; Competitive balance; L83;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:34:y:2009:i:1:p:5-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .