Unemployment Persistence & Risks of Skill Obsolescence in Arab Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jim Allen & Andries de Grip, 2012.
"Does skill obsolescence increase the risk of employment loss?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(25), pages 3237-3245, September.
- Jim Allen & Andries De Grip, 2011. "Does skill obsolescence increase the risk of employment loss?," Post-Print hal-00711453, HAL.
- Andries de Grip & Hans Bosma & Dick Willems & Martin van Boxtel, 2008.
"Job-worker mismatch and cognitive decline,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(2), pages 237-253, April.
- Grip Andries de & Bosma Hans & Willems Dick & Boxtel Martin van, 2005. "Job-worker Mismatch and Cognitive Decline," ROA Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- de Grip, Andries & Bosma, Hans & Willems, Dick & van Boxtel, Martin, 2007. "Job-Worker Mismatch and Cognitive Decline," IZA Discussion Papers 2956, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beblo, Miriam & Wolf, Elke, 2000. "How much does a year off cost? Estimating the wage effects of employment breaks and part-time periods," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-69, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Laureys, Lien, 2014.
"The cost of human capital depreciation during unemployment,"
Bank of England working papers
505, Bank of England.
- Lien Laureys, 2014. "The Cost of Human Capital Depreciation during Unemployment," Discussion Papers 1420, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Lars Ljungqvist & Thomas J. Sargent, 2008. "Two Questions about European Unemployment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Mehdi Haririan Mehmet Huseyin Bilgin Gokhan Karabulut, 2010. "The Relationship between GDP and Unemployment: Evidence from MENA Countries," Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 13(1), pages 17-28, May.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 1995. "Public Policy in a Model of Long-Term Unemployment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(246), pages 161-178, May.
- Grip Andries de, 2006. "Evaluating Human Capital Obsolescence," ROA Working Paper 001, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Roberta Gatti & Matteo Morgandi & Rebekka Grun & Stefanie Brodmann & Diego Angel-Urdinola & Juan Manuel Moreno & Daniela Marotta & Marc Schiffbauer & Elizabeth Mata Lorenzo, 2013. "Jobs for Shared Prosperity : Time for Action in the Middle East and North Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13284, January.
- María Arrazola & José de Hevia & Marta Risueño & José Félix Sanz Sanz, 2005. "A proposal to estimate human capital depreciation: some evidence for Spain," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 172(1), pages 9-22, June.
- Nicola Pavoni, 2009. "Optimal Unemployment Insurance, With Human Capital Depreciation, And Duration Dependence," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(2), pages 323-362, May.
- Loo,J,van & Grip,A.,de & Steur,M.,de, 2001. "Skills Obsolescence: Causes and Cures," ROA Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Lilas Demmou, 2012. "Matching Skills and Jobs in Estonia," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1007, OECD Publishing.
- World Bank, 2006. "Fostering Higher Growth and Employment in the Kingdom of Morocco," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7114, January.
- Susan Stone & Patricia Sourdin & Clarisse Legendre, 2013. "Trade and Labour Market Adjustment," OECD Trade Policy Papers 143, OECD Publishing.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 1992. "Loss of Skill During Unemployment and the Persistence of Employment Shocks," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1371-1391.
- Heckman, James J & Borjas, George J, 1980. "Does Unemployment Cause Future Unemployment? Definitions, Questions and Answers from a Continuous Time Model of Heterogeneity and State Dependence," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(187), pages 247-283, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harkat, Tahar & Driouchi, Ahmed & Achehboune, Amale, 2016. "Generational Gap and Youth in Arab countries," MPRA Paper 75834, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Driouchi, Ahmed & Harkat, Tahar, 2017. "Granger Causality and the Factors underlying the Role of Younger Generations in Economic, Social and Political Changes in Arab Countries," MPRA Paper 77218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Driouchi, Ahmed, 2015. "Threats to Skills of Unemployed Qualified Labor in Arab Economies," MPRA Paper 67361, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:53793. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .