Inflation and Inflation Uncertainty: Evidence from Turkey, 1923–2012
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Cukierman, Alex & Meltzer, Allan H, 1986. "A Theory of Ambiguity, Credibility, and Inflation under Discretion and Asymmetric Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1099-1128, September.
- Ball, Laurence, 1992.
"Why does high inflation raise inflation uncertainty?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 371-388, June.
- Laurence Ball, 1990. "Why Does High Inflation Raise Inflation Uncertainty?," NBER Working Papers 3224, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Friedman, Milton, 1977. "Nobel Lecture: Inflation and Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 451-472, June.
- Holland, A Steven, 1995. "Inflation and Uncertainty: Tests for Temporal Ordering," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 827-837, August.
- John Thornton, 2007. "The Relationship between Inflation and Inflation Uncertainty in Emerging Market Economies," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 858-870, April.
- Serkan ERKAM, 2008. "Enflasyon ve Enflasyon Belirsizliği: Türkiye Örneği," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 2008-1.
- TF. Nas & MJ. Perry, 2000. "Inflation, inflation uncertainty, and monetary policy in Turkey: 1960-1998," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 170-180, April.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation Uncertainty; Conditional Variance; Granger Causality; Exponential Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedastic Model;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2013-11-14 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CBA-2013-11-14 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2013-11-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HIS-2013-11-14 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2013-11-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-11-14 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.