Formal Institutions and the Trust Formation Process: A Psychological Approach to Explain the Relationship between Institutions and Interpersonal Trust
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zak, Paul J & Knack, Stephen, 2001. "Trust and Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 295-321, April.
- Francis Fukuyama, 2000. "Social Capital and Civil Society," IMF Working Papers 00/74, International Monetary Fund.
- Fidrmuc, Jan, 2003.
"Economic reform, democracy and growth during post-communist transition,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 583-604, September.
- Fidrmuc, Jan, 2001. "Economic Reform, Democracy and Growth during Post-Communist Transition," CEPR Discussion Papers 2759, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan Fidrmuc, 2001. "Economic Reform, Democracy and Growth During Post-Communist Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 372, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2000. "The New Institutional Economics: Taking Stock, Looking Ahead," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 595-613, September.
- Jessica Henson Decker & Jamus Jerome Lim, 2008.
"What fundamentally drives growth? Revisiting the institutions and economic performance debate,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 698-725.
- Lim, Jamus Jerome & Decker, Jessica Henson, 2007. "Do Democracies Grow Faster? Revisiting the Institutions and Economic Performance Debate," MPRA Paper 6076, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsinterpersonal trust; formal institutions; social-cognitive psychology; heterogeneity; trust formation process;
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2013-09-26 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2013-09-26 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EVO-2013-09-26 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2013-09-26 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-09-26 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:49812. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.