NCAA Athletic Departments: An Empirical Investigation of the Effects of Revenue and Conference Changes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brad R. Humphreys & Jane E. Ruseski, 2009. "Monitoring Cartel Behavior and Stability: Evidence from NCAA Football," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 720-735, January.
- Craig A. Depken II & Dennis P. Wilson, 2006. "NCAA Enforcement and Competitive Balance in College Football," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 826-845, April.
- Devin G. Pope & Jaren C. Pope, 2009. "The Impact of College Sports Success on the Quantity and Quality of Student Applications," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 750-780, January.
- Fleisher, Arthur III & Shughart, William II & Tollison, Robert D. & Goff, Brian L., 1988. "Crime or punishment? : Enforcement of the NCAA football cartel," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 433-451, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bazaleva, Regina & Kaznacheev, Peter, 2015. "Arctic Offshore Exploitation (Regulatory and Tax Regimes for Oil Companies in the USA, Russia and Norway)," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 2, pages 110-132.
More about this item
KeywordsNCAA expenditures; athletic subsidy; athletic departments; conference realignment; bureaucracy;
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:49807. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .