From the Bank Panic of 1907 to the Great Depression of 1929 and the Savings and Loan Crisis of the 1980s: Lessons for the future
This paper goes over three big crises with a global resonance which took place in the American economy during the 20th century. Namely, the Bank Panic of 1907, the Great Depression of 1929 and the Savings and Loan Crisis of the 1980s are examined. The paper lists the major events during the crises in question and probes the causes, consequences and ways through which each crisis was attempted to be encountered. Through this examination, useful lessons to be learned and fatal mistakes to be avoided arise.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Claude DIEBOLT & Antoine PARENT & Jamel TRABELSI, 2012.
"Revisiting the 1929 Crisis : Was the Fed Pre-Keynesian ? New Lessons from the Past,"
Historical Social Research (Section 'Cliometrics'),
Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 37(2), pages 280-297.
- Claude Diebolt & Antoine Parent & Jamel Trabelsi, 2010. "Revisiting the 1929 Crisis: Was the Fed Pre-Keynesian? New Lessons from the Past," Working Papers 10-11, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Tallman, Ellis W & Wicker, Elmus R., 2009.
"Banking and Financial Crises in United States History: What Guidance can History Offer Policymakers?,"
21839, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ellis W. Tallman & Elmus R. Wicker, 2010. "Banking and financial crises in United States history: what guidance can history offer policymakers?," Working Paper 1009, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ellis W. Tallman & Jon R. Moen, 1990. "Lessons from the panic of 1907," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue May, pages 2-13.
- Ellis W. Tallman, 2012. "The Panic of 1907," Working Paper 1228, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.