Least squares estimation of joint production functions by the Differential Evolution method of global optimization
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sudhanshu Mishra, 2007. "Least squares estimation of joint production functions by the differential evolution method of global optimization," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(51), pages 1-13.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vinod, Hrishikesh D, 1969. "Econometrics of Joint Production-A Reply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 739-740, October.
- Dhrymes, Phoebus J & Mitchell, B M, 1969. "Estimation of Joint Production Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 732-736, October.
- K. Sato, 1967. "A Two-Level Constant-Elasticity-of-Substitution Production Function," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 201-218.
- Chetty, V Karuppan, 1969. "Econometrics of Joint Production: A Comment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 731-731, October.
- Chizmar, John F & Zak, Thomas A, 1983. "Modeling Multiple Outputs in Educational Production Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 17-22, May.
- Vinod, H. D., 1976. "Canonical ridge and econometrics of joint production," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 147-166, May.
- Diewert, W E, 1971. "An Application of the Shephard Duality Theorem: A Generalized Leontief Production Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 481-507, May-June.
- Rao, Potluri, 1969. "A Note on Econometrics of Joint Production," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 737-738, October.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "Performance of Differential Evolution Method in Least Squares Fitting of Some Typical Nonlinear Curves," MPRA Paper 4634, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsJoint production; multiple output; allocation parameters; nonlinear least squares; Differential Evolution; Nerlove-Ringstad; Transcendental; CES; macro; implicit; composite production function; transformation function; canonical correlation; multiple dependent variables;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:4813. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .