Optimal growth with intermediate goods interdependence: A difference game approach
Two countries face a strategic interdependence in producing intermediate goods. Producing these intermediate goods requires both of domestic capital and another imported intermediate good. Individually they determine its balanced growth path by taking into account this interdependence. By allowing for strategic interactions in the analysis we adapted a two-agent dynamic setting and find an interior Markov Perfect Equilibrium (MPE) as well as an open-loop equilibrium. We find that main results resemble each other but growth rates will be higher when strategies are allowed to be revised dynamically.
|Date of creation:||30 Aug 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peng, Shin-Kun & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Wang, Ping, 2006.
"Economic integration and agglomeration in a middle product economy,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 1-25, November.
- PENG, Shin-Kun & THISSE, Jacques-Françiois & WANG, Ping, "undated". "Economic integration and agglomeration in a middle product economy," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1878, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- PENG, Shin-Kun & THISSE, Jacques-François & WANG, Ping, 2004. "Economic integration and agglomeration in a middle product economy," CORE Discussion Papers 2004015, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Peng, Shin-Kun & Thisse, Jacques-François & Wang, Ping, 2004. "Economic Integration and Agglomeration in a Middle Product Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 4441, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shin-Kun Peng & Jacques-François Thisse & Ping Wang, 2005. "Economic Integration and Agglomeration in a Middle Product Economy," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 05-A006, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Ronald W. Jones, 2000. "Globalization and the Theory of Input Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026210086x, December.
- Sanyal, Kalyan K & Jones, Ronald W, 1982. "The Theory of Trade in Middle Products," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 16-31, March.
- Chen, Yongmin & Ishikawa, Jota & Yu, Zhihao, 2004. "Trade liberalization and strategic outsourcing," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 419-436, July.
- Chen, Yongmin & Ishikawa, Jota & Yu, Zhihao, 2001. "Trade Liberalization and Strategic Outsourcing," Discussion Papers 2001-04, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Yongmin Chen & Jota Ishikawa & Zhihao Yu, 2002. "Trade Liberalization and Strategic Outsourcing," Carleton Economic Papers 02-12, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2004.
- Antonio Ciccone, 2002. "Input Chains and Industrialization," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(3), pages 565-587.
- Antonio Ciccone, 2000. "Input chains and industrialization," Economics Working Papers 498, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Fischer, Ronald D. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1996. "The Compleat Fish Wars: Biological and Dynamic Interactions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 34-42, January.
- Dockner,Engelbert J. & Jorgensen,Steffen & Long,Ngo Van & Sorger,Gerhard, 2000. "Differential Games in Economics and Management Science," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521637329, October.
- Jaume Ventura, 1997. "Growth and Interdependence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 57-84. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:4675. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.