The seasonal KPSS test when neglecting seasonal dummies: a Monte Carlo analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ghassen El Montasser & Talel Boufateh & Fakhri Issaoui, 2013. "The Seasonal KPSS Test When Neglecting Seasonal Dummies: A Monte Carlo analysis," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2013/07, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R. F. & Granger, C. W. J. & Yoo, B. S., 1990.
"Seasonal integration and cointegration,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 215-238.
- Hyllerberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal Integration And Cointegration," Papers 0-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal, Integration And Cointegration," Papers 6-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Johan Lyhagen, 2006. "The seasonal KPSS statistic," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(13), pages 1-9.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 1994. "Deterministic seasonal models and spurious regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 259-272, April.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2006:i:13:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cubadda, Gianluca, 1999. "Common Cycles in Seasonal Non-stationary Time Series," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 273-291, May-June.
- Matei Demetrescu & Uwe Hassler, 2007. "Effect of neglected deterministic seasonality on unit root tests," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 385-402, September.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Hylleberg, Svend & Lee, Hahn S., 1995. "Spurious deterministic seasonality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(3-4), pages 249-256, June.
- Gregoir, StÃ©phane, 1999.
"Multivariate Time Series With Various Hidden Unit Roots, Part Ii,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 469-518, August.
- Gregoir, StÃ©phane, 1999. "Multivariate Time Series With Various Hidden Unit Roots, Part I," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 435-468, August.
- Uwe Hassler & Paulo M. M. Rodrigues, 2004. "Seasonal Unit Root Tests Under Structural Breaks," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 33-53, January.
- Fabio Busetti, 2006.
"Tests of seasonal integration and cointegration in multivariate unobserved component models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(4), pages 419-438.
- Fabio Busetti, 2003. "Tests of seasonal integration and cointegration in multivariate unobserved component models," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 476, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Fabio Busetti, 2004. "Tests of seasonal integration and cointegration in multivariate unobserved component models," Econometrics 0411003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Artur C. B. da Silva Lopes, 1999. "Spurious deterministic seasonality and autocorrelation corrections with quarterly data: Further Monte Carlo results," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 341-359.
- Lee, Junsoo & Huang, Cliff J. & Shin, Yongcheol, 1997. "On stationary tests in the presence of structural breaks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 165-172, August.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- Busetti, Fabio & Taylor, A M Robert, 2003. "Variance Shifts, Structural Breaks, and Stationarity Tests," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(4), pages 510-531, October.
More about this item
KeywordsDeterministic seasonality; Seasonal KPSS Test; Monte Carlo Simulations.;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.