Türk Sosyal Güvenlik Sisteminin Değerlendirilmesi ve Sosyal Güvenlik Kurumlarının Finansal Geleceği
[An Evaluation of Turkish Social Security Reform Process and Its Financial Future]
Turkish social security system has been developed under various social security institutions to provide social insurance against various social risks since 1945. Although the system has just 62 years history, it is in such situation that it is just able to provide its services with income support from general tax revenue. Thus, there has ben real efort of restructuring the system since the late 1990s. However, it is accepted that these restructured efforts possibly would not generate sufficinet revenue to provide its services in the long run, and deficit would be financed by treasury, which in turn, brings new burden on public finance. This study aims to: (1) determine fundamental long term issues of social insurance, (2) make long term financial projection of the three social security institutions under various assumptions while observing currrent reform efforts, (3) evaluate reform effort to see whether those efforts are sufficient to solve financial problems, and (4) develop additional solutions proposals.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Publication status:||Published in Finans Politik & Ekonomik Yorumlar Dergisi 517.45(2008): pp. 23-42|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Vries, Casper G & Teulings, Coen N, 2004.
"Generational Accounting, Solidarity and Pension Losses,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4209, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Teulings, Coen & de Vries, Casper G., 2003. "Generational Accounting, Solidarity and Pension Losses," IZA Discussion Papers 961, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ahmet Tuncay Teksoz & Serdar Sayan, 2002. "Simulation of Benefits and Risks after the Planned Privatization of the Pension System in Turkey: Is the Expected Boost to Financial Markets Feasible?," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 38(5), pages 23-45, October.
- Serdar Sayan & Arzdar Kiraci, 2001. "Identification of parametric policy options for rehabilitating a pay-as-you-go based pension system: an optimization analysis for Turkey," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 89-93.
- Coen N. Teulings & Casper G. de Vries, 2003. "Generational Accounting, Solidarity and Pension Losses," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-094/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Metin Ercen & Deniz Gokce, 1998. "Defined Contribution Model: Definition, Theory and an Application for Turkey," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 2(8-7), pages 33-51.
- Sayan, Serdar & Kiraci, Arzdar, 2001. "Parametric pension reform with higher retirement ages: A computational investigation of alternatives for a pay-as-you-go-based pension system," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(6-7), pages 951-966, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.