Crime in Urban Areas: An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julie Berry Cullen & Steven D. Levitt, 1999.
"Crime, Urban Flight, And The Consequences For Cities,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 159-169, May.
- Julie Berry Cullen & Steven D. Levitt, 1996. "Crime, Urban Flight, and the Consequences for Cities," NBER Working Papers 5737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote, 1999.
"Why Is There More Crime in Cities?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(S6), pages 225-258, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote, 1996. "Why Is There More Crime in Cities?," NBER Working Papers 5430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote, 1996. "Why is There More Crime in Cities?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1746, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Ehrlich, Isaac, 1973. "Participation in Illegitimate Activities: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 521-565, May-June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qadri, Faisal Sultan & Kadri, Adeel Sultan, 2010. "Relationship between education, health and crime: fable, fallacy or fact," MPRA Paper 30638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Awais Anwa & Samia Nasreen & Anam Shahzadi, 2015. "Social and Demographic Determinants of Crime in Pakistan: A Panel Data Analysis of Province Punjab," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(9), pages 440-447, September.
- Awais Anwar & Noman Arshed & Sofia Anwar, 2017. "Socio-economic Determinants of Crime: An Empirical Study of Pakistan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 312-322.
- Alassane Diaw & Oana-Ramona Lobont & Nicoleta Claudia Moldovan, 2014. "Some relevant risk factors and causal mechanisms to understand crime in Romania," Review of Applied Socio-Economic Research, Pro Global Science Association, vol. 8(2), pages 64-69, June.
- Tasnim Khan & Fatima Yousaf, 2013. "Unemployment Duration of First Time Job Seekers: A Case Study of Bahawalpur," Asian Journal of Economic Modelling, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 1(1), pages 8-19, December.
- Gupta, Manish & Sachdeva, Payal, 2017. "Economic, Demographic, Deterrent Variables And Crime Rate In India," MPRA Paper 80181, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jul 2017.
- Giovanni Cerulli & Maria Ventura & Christopher F Baum, 2018. "The Economic Determinants of Crime: an Approach through Responsiveness Scores," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 948, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hafiz Hanzla Jalil & Muhammad Mazhar Iqbal, 2010. "Urbanisation and Crime: A Case Study of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 741-755.
More about this item
KeywordsUrban crime; Economics of crime; Property crime;
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- R0 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- H76 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other Expenditure Categories
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .