Productivity linkages between services and manufacturing: Firm-level evidence from developing countries
This paper uses firm-level data from 119 developing countries to show that services sector productivity is positively associated with manufacturing productivity. Moreover, the link between productivity in services and manufacturing is particularly strong for manufacturing firms that are more intensive in their use of services inputs. At the mean level of services input use in the dataset, a 10% improvement in services productivity is associated with a 0.6% improvement in manufacturing productivity.
|Date of creation:||05 Oct 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnold, Jens & Javorcik, Beata & Lipscomb, Molly & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2010.
"Services Reform and Manufacturing Performance: Evidence from India,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8011, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jens Matthias Arnold & Beata Javorcik & Molly Lipscomb & Aaditya Mattoo, 2016. "Services Reform and Manufacturing Performance: Evidence from India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 126(590), pages 1-39, 02.
- Arnold, Jens Matthias & Javorcik, Beata & Lipscomb, Molly & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2012. "Services reform and manufacturing performance : evidence from India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5948, The World Bank.
- Arnold, Jens & Javorcik, Beata S. & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2007.
"Does services liberalization benefit manufacturing firms ? Evidence from the Czech Republic,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4109, The World Bank.
- Arnold, Jens M. & Javorcik, Beata S. & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2011. "Does services liberalization benefit manufacturing firms?: Evidence from the Czech Republic," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 136-146, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41760. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.