The global economic and financial crisis: a review and commentary
This paper provides a review and commentary on the current financial and economic crisis. It considers important analytical and policy issues from a global and North-South perspective. The analytical questions cover issues such as the better than expected performance of the world economy, the role of global financial imbalances, and whether or not economic theory has been helpful. It is argued that close international cooperation and policy coordination are essential to recovery and an improved distribution of the fruits of growth. Cooperation and financial regulation are particularly necessary in order to prevent international contagion and cascading sovereign debt defaults.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Singh, Ajit, 2007.
"Globalisation, industrial revolutions in India and China and labour markets in advanced countries : implications for national and international economic policy,"
ILO Working Papers
397934, International Labour Organization.
- Singh, Ajit, 2007. "Globalisation, industrial revolutions in India and China and labour markets in advanced countries: implications for national and international economic policy," MPRA Paper 53369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karl Aiginger, 2009. "The Current Economic Crisis: Causes, Cures and Consequences," WIFO Working Papers 341, WIFO.
- Glyn, A. & Hughes, A. & Lipietz, A. & Singh, A., 1988. "The Rise And Fall Of The Golden Age," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 884, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Fishlow, Albert, 1987.
"Some Reflections on Comparative Latin American Economic Performance and Policy,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt205388wm, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Albert Fishlow., 1987. "Some Reflections on Comparative Latin American Economic Performance and Policy," Economics Working Papers 8754, University of California at Berkeley.
- Richard N. Cooper, 2005. "Living with Global Imbalances: A Contrarian View," Policy Briefs PB05-03, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39052. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.