Ex-urban sprawl as a factor in traffic fatalities and EMS response times in the southeastern United States
Many writers have covered the negative consequences of sprawl on community life and urban development in the US over the years. This paper looks at how sprawl impacts traffic fatalities and EMS response times in the Southeastern United States.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giacopassi, David J. & Sparger, Jerry R. & Stein, Preston M., 1992. "The effects of emergency medical care on the homicide rate: Some additional evidence," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 249-259.
- Hasan Pirkul & David A. Schilling, 1988. "The Siting of Emergency Service Facilities with Workload Capacities and Backup Service," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(7), pages 896-908, July.
- Peter Mieszkowski & Edwin S. Mills, 1993. "The Causes of Metropolitan Suburbanization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 135-147, Summer.
- Keeler, Theodore E, 1994. "Highway Safety, Economic Behavior, and Driving Environment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 684-93, June.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003.
"Sprawl and Urban Growth,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
2004, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Felder, Stefan & Brinkmann, Henrik, 2002. "Spatial allocation of emergency medical services: minimising the death rate or providing equal access?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 27-45, January.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.