Ex-urban sprawl as a factor in traffic fatalities and EMS response times in the southeastern United States
Many writers have covered the negative consequences of sprawl on community life and urban development in the US over the years. This paper looks at how sprawl impacts traffic fatalities and EMS response times in the Southeastern United States.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Keeler, Theodore E, 1994. "Highway Safety, Economic Behavior, and Driving Environment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 684-693, June.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Kahn, Matthew E., 2004.
"Sprawl and urban growth,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 56, pages 2481-2527
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003. "Sprawl and Urban Growth," NBER Working Papers 9733, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003. "Sprawl and Urban Growth," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2004, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Giacopassi, David J. & Sparger, Jerry R. & Stein, Preston M., 1992. "The effects of emergency medical care on the homicide rate: Some additional evidence," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 249-259.
- Hasan Pirkul & David A. Schilling, 1988. "The Siting of Emergency Service Facilities with Workload Capacities and Backup Service," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(7), pages 896-908, July.
- Felder, Stefan & Brinkmann, Henrik, 2002. "Spatial allocation of emergency medical services: minimising the death rate or providing equal access?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 27-45, January.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Peter Mieszkowski & Edwin S. Mills, 1993. "The Causes of Metropolitan Suburbanization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 135-147, Summer.
- Michael O. Ball & Feng L. Lin, 1993. "A Reliability Model Applied to Emergency Service Vehicle Location," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 41(1), pages 18-36, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.