Estimación de matrices de insumo producto regionales mediante métodos indirectos. Una aplicación para la ciudad de Buenos Aires
[A non-survey estimation for regional input-output tables. An application for Buenos Aires City]
The input output analysis is used by a lot of cities with the objective to study interregional trade problems. We focused our work on Argentina, and we present a model with two regions: Buenos Aires city and the rest of the country. Buenos Aires does not have an Input Output Tables or a regional account system, so we have to estimate the model with non-survey and calibration techniques. Non-survey techniques are commonly used to model intraregional trade in a region. We used the AFLQ location quotient to estimate the trade in each region. Then we must to compute the regional imports/exports, and for this we based our work on calibration techniques. Biproportional adjustment (RAS) and cross entropy were the calibration techniques used to build the interregional input output model. In the presented case the work find that cross entropy could reply exactly the national input output tables, because it enforce additional constraints. If we look the results, RAS technique overestimate the Buenos Aires technical coefficients compared with cross entropy. There are not substantial differences on technical coefficients between RAS and cross entropy in the other region.
|Date of creation:||29 Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romero, Carlos Adrian & Mastronardi, Leonardo Javier & Faye, Magalí Julieta, 2012.
"Análisis de coeficientes de localización. El caso de la provincia de Córdoba
[Location quotient analysis. The case of Córdoba state]," MPRA Paper 36997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robinson, Sherman & Cattaneo, Andrea & El-Said, Moataz, 1998. "Estimating a social accounting matrix using cross entropy methods:," TMD discussion papers 33, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Philip Mccann & John H. LL. Dewhurst, 1998.
"Regional Size, Industrial Location and Input-Output Expenditure Coefficients,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 435-444.
- JH Ll DEWHURST, . "Regional Size, Industrial Location And Input-Output Expenditure Coefficients," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 074, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George & Robinson, Sherman, 1994. "Recovering Information from Incomplete or Partial Multisectoral Economic Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 541-49, August.
- Romero, Carlos A., 2009.
"Calibración de modelos de equilibrio general computado: Métodos y práctica usual
[Calibration of CGE models: Methods and current practice]," MPRA Paper 17767, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.