Procesy konsolidacyjne. Raiders & targets w polskich instytucjach finansowych
[Consolidation Processes: Raiders & Targets in Polish Financial Institutions]
The work consists of five chapters, an annex and an appendix. In the first chapter the author describes the point of consolidation processes, presents: the meaning of consolidation processes, active and institutional aspects of merger execution, gives a classification of the consolidation processes and considers conditions of execution of consolidations processes in the Polish law, The next chapter concerns reasons of consolidation processes. The author describes there in turn: motives of these processes, distinguishes buyer's motives and seller's motives, and presents motives of consolidation processes in financial institutions. The third chapter concerns the aims of consolidation processes - theoretical, contained in economic theory, and practical, for example of the Polish financial institutions. The fourth chapter is a detailed presentation of techniques used in acquisitions, moreover techniques of defense. The last chapter consists of a description of the structure of financial service markets in Poland and consolidation changes, which have existed on particular financial service markets in Poland, The work is supplemented by an extensive annex, in which the Author presents all financial institutions, which have participated in consolidation processes in Poland in capital, ownership and institutional aspects. The appendix contains a graphic illustration which presents process of the creation process of fifteen of financial institutions the most engaged in consolidation processes in Poland.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Publication status:||Published in Episteme 37(2004) (2004): pp. -800|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mitchell, Karlyn & Onvural, Nur M, 1996. "Economies of Scale and Scope at Large Commercial Banks: Evidence from the Fourier Flexible Functional Form," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 178-199, May.
- Noulas, Athanasios G & Ray, Subhash C & Miller, Stephen M, 1990. "Returns to Scale and Input Substitution for Large U.S. Banks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(1), pages 94-108, February.
- Aruna Srinivasan & Larry D. Wall, 1992. "Cost savings associated with bank mergers," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 92-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Noulas, Athanasios G., 1996. "The technical efficiency of large bank production," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 495-509, April.
- Poteraj, Jarosław, 2002.
"Polskie instytucje finansowe: Kreacja rynków i procesy konsolidacyjne
[Polish Financial Institutions: Market Creation and Consolidation Processes]," MPRA Paper 35068, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mester, Loretta J., 1996. "A study of bank efficiency taking into account risk-preferences," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1025-1045, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.