Are there cost savings from bank mergers?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Jacklin, Charles J & Bhattacharya, Sudipto, 1988. "Distinguishing Panics and Information-Based Bank Runs: Welfare and Policy Implications," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 568-592, June.
- Gorton, Gary, 1985. "Clearinghouses and the Origin of Central Banking in the United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 277-283, June.
- Ellis W. Tallman, 1988. "Some unanswered questions about bank panics," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Nov, pages 2-21.
- Canova, Fabio, 1991. "The Sources of Financial Crisis: Pre- and Post-Fed Evidence," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 689-713, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valkanov, Emil & Kleimeier, Stefanie, 2007.
"The role of regulatory capital in international bank mergers and acquisitions,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 50-68, January.
- Valkanov Emil & Kleimeier Stefanie, 2005. "The Role of Regulatory Capital in International Bank Mergers and Acquisitions," Research Memorandum 017, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Peristiani, Stavros, 1997.
"Do Mergers Improve the X-Efficiency and Scale Efficiency of U.S. Banks? Evidence from the 1980s,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 326-337, August.
- Stavros Peristiani, 1996. "Do mergers improve the x-efficiency and scale efficiency of U.S. banks?: Evidence from the 1980s," Research Paper 9623, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1994.
"Bank scale economies, mergers, concentration, and efficiency: the U.S. experience,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
94-23, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen Berger & David Humphrey, 1994. "Bank Scale Economies, Mergers, Concentration, and Efficiency: The U.S. Experience," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Shih, Michael S. H., 2003. "An investigation into the use of mergers as a solution for the Asian banking sector crisis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 31-49.
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1996.
"The Effects of Megamergers on Efficiency and Prices: Evidence from a Bank Profit Function,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
96-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "The effects of megamergers on efficiency and prices: evidence from a bank profit function," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-9, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Fernando J. Cardim de Carvalho, 2000.
"New competitive strategies of foreign banks in large emerging economies: the case of Brazil,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(213), pages 135-169.
- Fernando J. Cardim de Carvalho, 2000. "New competitive strategies of foreign banks in large emerging economies: the case of Brazil," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(213), pages 135-169.
- Fung, Michael K., 2006. "Are labor-saving technologies lowering employment in the banking industry?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 179-198, January.
- Berger, Allen N. & Demsetz, Rebecca S. & Strahan, Philip E., 1999.
"The consolidation of the financial services industry: Causes, consequences, and implications for the future,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 135-194, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Rebecca Demsetz & Philip E. Strahan, 1998. "The consolidation of the financial services industry: causes, consequences, and implications for the future," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dairo Estrada, 2005.
"Efectos de las fusiones sobre el mercado financiero colombiano,"
Borradores de Economia
329, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Dairo Estrada, 2005. "Efectos De Las Fusiones Sobre El Mercado Financiero Colombiano," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002424, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Avkiran, Necmi Kemal, 1999. "The evidence on efficiency gains: The role of mergers and the benefits to the public," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 991-1013, July.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Noulas, Athanasios G., 1996. "The technical efficiency of large bank production," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 495-509, April.
- Sam Ziorklui, 1994. "The performance of black-owned commercial banks: A comparative analysis," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 5-23, December.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1996. "Consolidation in U.S. banking: implications for efficiency and risk," Working Papers 572, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Garden, Kaylee A. & Ralston, Deborah E., 1999. "The x-efficiency and allocative efficiency effects of credit union mergers," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 285-301, August.
- Steven J. Pilloff & Anthony M. Santomero, 1996. "The Value Effects of Bank Mergers and Acquisitions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-07, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Alessio De Vincenzo & Claudio Doria & Carmelo Salleo, 2005. "The Motivations for Bank Takeovers: Some Empirical Evidence from Italy," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 64(4), pages 327-358, December.
- Dean Amel & Colleen Barnes & Fabio Panetta & Carmelo Salleo, 2002. "Consolidation and efficiency in the financial sector: a review of the international evidence," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 464, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedaer:y:1992:i:mar:p:17-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Meredith Rector). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbatus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.