Mode of compensation to internally displaced persons (IDPs) from Thar coalfields areas of Sindh
The main purpose of this study is to suggest the transparent mode of payment to expected internally displaced persons of Thar coalfields areas of district Tharparkar, Sindh province of Pakistan. According to national and international laws if people are displaced then they are being compensated as per applicable laws. Thar itself is backward area of Pakistan. At present due to presence of Thar coalfield, it is considered the mineral rich area of Pakistan. During mining, the people will be displaced and a suitable compensation will be set to pay. As practice, all IDPs are being paid the compensations in different areas of Pakistan by traditional ways and presently at some level, electronic media is used in transfer of payment to people. To make it more transparent a model is suggested. All the people having computerized national identity card (CNIC) be considered account holders and CNIC number be considered account number, which is already in practice by NADRA KIOSKS in Pakistan. All those who have no CNIC also be assigned account number with some identification. Amount whatever is decided be electronically transferred to every account. Every account holder be given a ATM card and password and for additional security finger prints/photograph be taken and after matching these, transactions should take place.
|Date of creation:||19 Nov 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herani, Gobind M., 2007. "Computerized National Identify Card, NADRA KIOSKs and its prospects," MPRA Paper 6328, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2010.
"Microfinance and Self-Help Finance System to Reduce Poverty from Pakistan: An It-Based Solution,"
21264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani, 2010. "Microfinance And Self-Help Finance System To Reduce Poverty From Pakistan: An It-Based Solution," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 4(1), pages 57-63, December.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2010. "Microfinance And self-help finance system to reduce poverty from Pakistan: an it-based solution," MPRA Paper 35629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herani, Gobind M. & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Dhakan, Ali Akbar, 2007.
"Self-Reliance Micro-Finance in Tharparkar-Sindh: Suggested Techniques,"
5577, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Ali Akbar Dhakan, 2007. "Self-Reliance Micro-Finance in Tharparkar-Sindh: Suggested Techniques," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(2), pages 147-166, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.