A model for net migration between the Portuguese regions. Another perspective
We built a model identifying the determinants that affect the mobility of labor. The empirical part of the work will be performed for the NUTS III of Portugal, from 1991 and 2001. At this level of spatial disaggregation (and in this period) the basic equipment (amenities), particularly in terms of availability of housing, are the main determinants of migration (1)(Martinho 2011).
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991.
"Convergence Across States and Regions,"
629, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-51, April.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Hendrik Folmer & Sergio J. Rey, 2002.
"Specification Searches in Spatial Econometrics: The Relevance of Hendry's Methodology,"
- Florax, Raymond J. G. M. & Folmer, Hendrik & Rey, Sergio J., 2003. "Specification searches in spatial econometrics: the relevance of Hendry's methodology," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 557-579, September.
- VÃtor Martinho, 2011.
"Analysis of net migration between the Portuguese regions,"
80, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011. "Analysis of Net Migration Between the Portuguese Regions," Papers 1110.5564, arXiv.org.
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011. "Analysis of net migration between the Portuguese regions," MPRA Paper 32311, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33718. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.