Get rid of banks and build up a modern financial world
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2010.
"Bank activity and funding strategies: The impact on risk and returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 626-650, December.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2009. "Bank activity and funding strategies : the impact on risk and returns," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4837, The World Bank.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2009. "Bank Activity and Funding Strategies: The Impact on Risk and Return," CEPR Discussion Papers 7170, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Demirgüc-Kunt, A. & Huizinga, H.P., 2009. "Bank Activity and Funding Strategies : The Impact on Risk and Return," Discussion Paper 2009-09, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Rene M. Stulz, 2010.
"Credit Default Swaps and the Credit Crisis,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 73-92, Winter.
- Stulz, Rene M., 2009. "Credit Default Swaps and the Credit Crisis," Working Paper Series 2009-16, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- René M. Stulz, 2009. "Credit Default Swaps and the Credit Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15384, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adrian, Tobias & Shin, Hyun Song, 2010. "Liquidity and leverage," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 418-437, July.
- Andrea Enria & Lorenzo Cappiello & Frank Dierick & Sergio Grittini & Andrew Haralambous & Angela Maddaloni & Philippe Molitor & Fatima Pires & Paolo Poloni, 2004. "Fair value accounting and financial stability," Occasional Paper Series 13, European Central Bank.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Daniel Heller & Nicholas Vause, 2011. "Expansion of central clearing," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crisis; Banking sector reforms; Financial sector reforms; virtual markets; peer-to-peer lending; P2P lending; online lending; finanical market regulation;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.