The contribution of credit unions to the national development of Barbados
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolken, John D & Navratil, Frank J, 1980. "Economies of Scale in Credit Unions: Further Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(3), pages 769-777, June.
- Black, Harold & Dugger, Robert H, 1981. "Credit Union Structure, Growth and Regulatory Problems," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 529-538, May.
- William M. Dugger, 1996. "The Mechanisms of Governance," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 1212-1216, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carter, Justin & Moore, Winston & Jackman, Mahalia, 2012. "Is the Magnitude of Household Debt in Barbados a Concern?," MPRA Paper 47791, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rayna Brown & Ian O'Connor, 1995. "Measurement of Economies of Scale in Victorian Credit Unions," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 20(1), pages 1-24, June.
- Ellene Kebede & Curtis Jolly, 2001. "Effects of financial structure and instruments on income of low income credit unions," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 231-236.
- Pyle, William, 2006.
"Resolutions, recoveries and relationships: The evolution of payment disputes in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 317-337, June.
- William Pyle, 2005. "Resolutions, Recoveries and Relationships: The Evolution of Payment Disputes in Central and Eastern Europe," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0523, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Harrison, Mark, 2013.
"Accounting for Secrets,"
The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 73(4), pages 1017-1049, December.
- Harrison, Mark, 2011. "Accounting for Secrets," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 59, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Harrison, Mark, 2013. "Accounting for Secrets," Economic Research Papers 270534, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Harrison, Mark, 2013. "Accounting for Secrets," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1015, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ann‐Marie Ward & Donal G. McKillop, 2005. "The Law of Proportionate Effect: The Growth of the UK Credit Union Movement at National and Regional Level," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(9‐10), pages 1827-1859, November.
- Kim, Jongwook & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2008. "A Strategic Theory of the Firm as a Nexus of Incomplete Contracts: A Property Rights Approach," Working Papers 08-0108, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Glachant, Jean-Michel & Pignon, Virginie, 2005. "Nordic congestion's arrangement as a model for Europe? Physical constraints vs. economic incentives," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 153-162, June.
- Glanchant, J-M. & Pignon, V., 2003. "Nordic Electricity Congestion's Arrangement as a Model for Europe: Physical Constraints or Operators' Opportunity," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0313, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Steen Thomsen & Caspar Rose, 2004. "Foundation Ownership and Financial Performance: Do Companies Need Owners?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 343-364, December.
- Engelhardt Sebastian von & Freytag Andreas & Köllmann Volker, 2013.
"Wettbewerbspolitischer Handlungsbedarf bei der Verknüpfung von zweiseitigen Märkten im Internet: Der Fall Google,"
Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik, De Gruyter, vol. 62(3), pages 311-332, December.
- Engelhardt, Sebastian & Freytag, Andreas & Köllmann, Volker, 2012. "Wettbewerbspolitischer Handlungsbedarf bei der Verknüpfung von zweiseitigen Märkten im Internet: Der Fall Google [Competition policy and vertical integration in internet-based two-sided markets: th," MPRA Paper 43326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shastitko, Andrey & Golovanova, Svetlana, 2016. "Meeting blindly… Is Austrian economics useful for dynamic capabilities theory?," Russian Journal of Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 86-110.
- Argyres, Nicholas S. & Liebeskind, Julia Porter, 2002. "Governance inseparability and the evolution of US biotechnology industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 197-219, February.
- Mehrdad Vahabi, 2001.
"The Soft Budget Constraint: A Theoretical Clarification,"
- Mehrdad VAHABI, 2001. "The Soft Budget Constraint : A Theoretical Clarification," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2001024, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- González-Díaz, Manuel & Montoro-Sánchez, Ángeles, 2011. "Some lessons from incentive theory: Promoting quality in bus transport," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 299-306, March.
- Cristina López-Duarte & Esteban García-Canal, 1998. "La estructura de propiedad de la inversión directa exterior," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 22(1), pages 19-44, January.
- Gabbay, Shaul M. & Leenders, Roger Th.A.J., 2002. "A perceptional view of the Coleman model of trust," Research Report 02B32, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang, 2008.
"Why football players may benefit from the ‘shadow of the transfer system’,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 419-419, December.
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang, 2008. "Why football players may benefit from the ‘shadow of the transfer system’," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 129-151, October.
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang, 2006. "Why football players may benefit from the "shadow of the transfer system"," Working Papers 0013, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA), revised 2007.
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang, 2006. "Why football players may benefit from the "shadow of the transfer system"," Working Papers 0062, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised 2007.
- Nicolai J. Foss, 2002. "The Strategy and Transaction Cost Nexus Past Debates, Central Questions, and Future Research Possibilities," DRUID Working Papers 02-04, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Martino, Gaetano & Frascarelli, Angelo, 2012. "Adaptation in Food Networks: Theoretical Frame Work and Empirical Evidences," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144981, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Beckmann, Volker & Boger, Silke, 2004.
"Courts and contract enforcement in transition agriculture: theory and evidence from Poland,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 251-263, December.
- Beckmann, Volker & Boger, Silke, 2003. "Courts And Contract Enforcement In Transition Agriculture: Theory And Evidence From Poland," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25878, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit unions; economic development; Dynamic OLS; PEARLS ratios;
All these keywords.
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33439. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.