Credit Union Legislative Frameworks in the United States of America and the United Kingdom – A Flexible Friend or a Step Towards the Dark Side?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lincoln Clark, 1943. "Credit Unions in the United States," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16, pages 235.
- Paul A. Jones, 2005. "Philanthropy And Enterprise In The British Credit Union Movement," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 13-19, 06.
- Goddard, John A. & McKillop, Donal G. & Wilson, John O. S., 2002. "The growth of US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2327-2356.
- W. Scott Frame & Gordon V. Karels & Christine McClatchey, 2002.
"The Effect of the Common Bond and Membership Expansion on Credit Union Risk,"
The Financial Review,
Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(4), pages 613-636, November.
- W. Scott Frame & Gordon V. Karels & Christine McClatchey, 2001. "The effect of the common bond and membership expansion on credit union risk," Working Paper 2001-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Ralston, Deborah & Wright, April & Garden, Kaylee, 2001. "Can mergers ensure the survival of credit unions in the third millennium?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2277-2304, December.
- Garden, Kaylee A. & Ralston, Deborah E., 1999. "The x-efficiency and allocative efficiency effects of credit union mergers," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 285-301, August.
- Ellene Kebede & Curtis Jolly, 2001. "Effects of financial structure and instruments on income of low income credit unions," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 231-236.
- Douglas K. Pearce, 1984. "Recent developments in the credit union industry," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jun, pages 3-19.
- Donal G. McKillop & John O. S. Wilson, 2003.
"Credit Unions in Britain: A Time for Change,"
Public Money & Management,
Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 23(2), pages 119-124, 04.
- Koot, Ronald S, 1978. "On Economies of Scale in Credit Unions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1087-94, September.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Yaisawarng, Suthathip, 1999. "The impact of mergers on credit union service provision," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 367-386, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jcopol:v:31:y:2008:i:2:p:147-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.