O impacto do aumento das exportações de álcool sobre a distribuição de renda do Brasil
[The impact of the increased exports of ethanol on the distribution of income of the Brazil]
The reduction of the use of biofuels is one of the main world-wide concerns, mainly had to the global heating. In this scene Brazil is one of the main combustible alcohol producer in the world, withholds the production technology commercialization and uses the alcohol on a large scale has more then two decades, on the other hand the country still presents serious problems in its income distributive structure. The present work uses the combination of surveys: the research of familiar budgets (POF), national research for sample of domiciles (PNAD) and Input-Output matrices, estimating the impact of this growth on the distribution of Brazilian income. The joined results show, confirming other works, that the impact on the income distribution is very small. Regionally, the biggest reduction appears in the regions North and Northeast.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Filho, Joaquim Bento de Souza Ferreira & Horridge, Mark, 2005. "The Doha Round, poverty, and regional inequality in Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3701, The World Bank.
- Azzoni, Carlos Roberto & Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Haddad, E. A & Hewings, G. J. D. & Laes, M. A. & Moreira, G., 2011. "Neither here nor there: regionally targeted social policy or socially targeted regional policy? the first four years of Lula’s administration," MPRA Paper 37959, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilherme Moreira & Leandro De Oliveira Almeida & Joaquim Jose Martins Guilhoto & Carlos Roberto Azzoni, 2006.
"Productive Structure and Income Distribution: the Brazilian Case,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa06p152, European Regional Science Association.
- Moreira, Guilherme R.C. & Almeida, Leandro & Guilhoto, Joaquim M. & Azzoni, Carlos R., 2008. "Productive structure and income distribution: The Brazilian case," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 320-332, May.
- Jose Euclides Cavalcanti, 2001. "Income Distributive Effects in the Brazilian Economy," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 275-287.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.