Estimates of the Steady State Growth Rates for Ireland
This paper estimates the steady state growth rate for Ireland with an extended version of the Solow (1956) growth model. We show that the education and trade openness have played an important role to improve the long-run growth rate. Policies to further improve the long-run growth rate are suggested.
|Date of creation:||22 Apr 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2010.
"A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950-2010,"
NBER Working Papers
15902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong Wha, 2013. "A new data set of educational attainment in the world, 1950–2010," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 184-198.
- Antonio Paradiso & B. Bhaskara Rao, 2011.
"How to offset the negative trend growth rate in the Italian economy?,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(15), pages 1479-1483.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Antonio, Paradiso, 2010. "How to offset the negative trend growth rate in the Italian economy?," MPRA Paper 26557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Antonio, Paradiso, 2010. "How to offset the negative trend growth rate in the Italian economy?," MPRA Paper 26421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara, 2006.
"Time Series Econometrics of Growth Models: A Guide for Applied Economists,"
1547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- B. Bhaskara Rao, 2010. "Time-series econometrics of growth-models: a guide for applied economists," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 73-86.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.