How do Firm Characteristics Affect Capital Structure? Some UK Evidence.
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Akdal, Sinan, 2010. "How do Firm Characteristics Affect Capital Structure? Some UK Evidence," MPRA Paper 29199, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Nikolaos Eriotis & Dimitrios Vasiliou & Zoe Ventoura-Neokosmidi, 2007. "How firm characteristics affect capital structure: an empirical study," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(5), pages 321-331, April.
- Philippe Gaud & Elion Jani & Martin Hoesli & André Bender, 2005.
"The Capital Structure of Swiss Companies: an Empirical Analysis Using Dynamic Panel Data,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 11(1), pages 51-69.
- Philippe Gaud & Elion Jani & Martin Hoesli & André Bender, 2003. "The capital structure of Swiss companies: an empirical analysis using dynamic panel data," FAME Research Paper Series rp68, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- A. A. Bevan & J. Danbolt, 2004. "Testing for inconsistencies in the estimation of UK capital structure determinants," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 55-66.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Titman, Sheridan & Wessels, Roberto, 1988. " The Determinants of Capital Structure Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Aydin Ozkan, 2001. "Determinants of Capital Structure and Adjustment to Long Run Target: Evidence From UK Company Panel Data," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1-2), pages 175-198.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barry Harrison & Theodorus Wisnu Widjaja, 2014. "The Determinants of Capital Structure: Comparison between Before and After Financial Crisis," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 19(2), pages 55-83, September.
- Šarlija Nataša & Harc Martina, 2012. "The impact of liquidity on the capital structure: a case study of Croatian firms," Business Systems Research, De Gruyter Open, vol. 3(1), pages 30-36, June.
- Maria Angelina Valadares Silva & António Melo Cerqueira & Elísio Brandão, 2017. "The Determinants of Capital Structure: Evidence from Non-financial Listed German Companies," FEP Working Papers 588, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Nataša Šarlija & Martina Harc, 2016. "Capital Structure Determinants of Small and Medium Enterprises in Croatia," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 14(3 (Fall)), pages 251-266.
- Ana Margarida Fernandes Afonso Correia & António Melo Cerqueira & Elísio Brandão, 2015. "Determinants of Corporate Capital Structure: Evidence from Non-financial Listed French Firms," FEP Working Papers 566, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital structure; leverage; capital structure determinants; firm level characteristics; profitability; size; growth opportunities; asset tangibility; non-debt tax shield; volatility; liquidity;
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .