Wirtschafts- und finanzpolitische Koordinierung in der EU – Erfahrungen aus einem Jahrzehnt Politikkoordinierung
[Public policy coordination in the EU - experiences from one decade of policy coordination]
The year 2010 showed how prone to crisis the Euro zone is. To a great extent this results from insufficient public policy coordination of EU member states’ public and fiscal policies. This paper discusses the main reform proposals related to fiscal, public and structural policy against the background of the underlying collective coordination problem. In addition it also considers the suggestions made for introducing a crisis mechanism. Although the main actors in the Euro zone seem to be aware of the problems of the existing coordination mechanisms, it is still doubtful whether the measures finally taken will be effective enough.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xavier Debrun & Laurent Moulin & Alessandro Turrini & Joaquim Ayuso-i-Casals & Manmohan S. Kumar, 2008. "Tied to the mast? National fiscal rules in the European Union," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 23, pages 297-362, 04.
- Larch, Martin & van den Noord, Paul & Jonung, Lars, 2011.
"The Stability and Growth Pact: Lessons from the Great Recession,"
2011:6, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Martin Larch & Paul van den Noord & Lars Jonung, 2010. "The Stability and Growth Pact: Lessons from the Great Recession," European Economy - Economic Papers 429, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Larch, Martin & Van den Noord, Paul & Jonung, Lars, 2010. "The stability and growth pact: lessons from the great recession," MPRA Paper 27900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xavier Debrun, 2006. "Tying hands is not commitment: can fiscal rules and institutions really enhance fiscal discipline?," Working Papers 48, Bruegel.
- Wolfgang Schäuble & Jürgen Stark & Clemens Fuest & Christian Fahrholz & Michael Eilfort & Verena Mertins, 2011. "EU-Rettungsschirm: Folgt der Einstieg in eine Transferunion?," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 64(03), pages 03-20, 02.
- Iain Begg & Dermot Hodson & Imelda Maher, 2003. "Economic Policy Coordination in the European Union," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 183(1), pages 66-77, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.