A St.-Louis equation to reassess the influence of macroeconomic-policy instruments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leonall C. Andersen & Jerry L. Jordan, 1968. "Monetary and fiscal actions: a test of their relative importance in economic stabilization," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 50(Nov), pages 11-23.
- Jerry L. Jordan, 1986. "The Andersen-Jordan approach after nearly 20 years," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 5-8.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abu Bakarr Tarawalie & Noah Kargbo, 2020. "Efficacy of Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Sierra Leone: An ARDL Bound Testing Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 10(3), pages 217-224.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- William Poole, 2000. "Monetary aggregates and monetary aggregates in the twenty-first century," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 45(Oct), pages 13-24.
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 2010.
"The Macroeconomic Effects of Tax Changes: Estimates Based on a New Measure of Fiscal Shocks,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 763-801, June.
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 2007. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Tax Changes: Estimates Based on a New Measure of Fiscal Shocks," NBER Working Papers 13264, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lahura, Erick & Castillo, Giovana, 2018. "El efecto de cambios tributarios sobre la actividad económica en Perú: Una aplicación del enfoque narrativo," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 36, pages 31-53.
- Michael D. Bordo & Anna J. Schwartz, 2004. "IS-LM and Monetarism," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 36(5), pages 217-239, Supplemen.
- Stephen M. Miller & Frank S. Russek, 2003.
"The Relationship Between Large Fiscal Adjustments And Short‐Term Output Growth Under Alternative Fiscal Policy Regimes,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 41-58, January.
- Stephen M. Miller & Frank S. Russek, 1999. "The Relationship between Large Fiscal Adjustments and Short-Term Output Growth Under Alternative Fiscal Policy Regimes," Working papers 1999-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2002.
- Robert H. Rasche, 1993.
"Monetary aggregates, monetary policy and economic activity,"
Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 1-35.
- Rasche, R.H., 1992. "Monetary Aggregates, Monetary Policy and Economic Activity," Papers 9101, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Paul, Sunil & Ramachandran, M., 2011. "Currency equivalent monetary aggregates as leading indicators of inflation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 2041-2048, July.
- Thomas Mayer, 2003. "The Monetarist Policy Debate: An Informal Survey," Working Papers 299, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Pierre-Yves Hénin & Pape N'Diaye, 2001. "L'effet des politiques budgétaires sur l'activité : une fonction des conditions conjoncturelles et du régime budgétaire ?," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 147(1), pages 73-88.
- Grady, Patrick, 1996. "Official Economic Forecasting: the Relevance of the Canadian Experience for Transitional Economies," MPRA Paper 25285, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin Feldstein & Douglas W. Elmendorf, 1989. "Budget Deficits, Tax Incentives and Inflation: A Surprising Lesson From The 1983-84 Recovery," NBER Working Papers 2819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles I. Plosser, 1989.
"Money and business cycles: a real business cycle interpretation,"
Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Plosser, C.I., 1989. "Money And Business Cycles A Real Business Cycle Interpretation," RCER Working Papers 210, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Charles I. Plosser, 1990. "Money and Business Cycles: A Real Business Cycle Interpretation," NBER Working Papers 3221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1993. "The Role of Judgment and Discretion in the Conduct of Monetary Policy: Consequences of Changing Financial Markets," NBER Working Papers 4599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leeper, E.M. & Leith, C., 2016. "Understanding Inflation as a Joint Monetaryâ€“Fiscal Phenomenon," Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & Harald Uhlig (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 2305-2415, Elsevier.
- Wickens, Michael R., 2014.
"How did we get to where we are now? Reflections on 50 years of macroeconomic and financial econometrics,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10197, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Wickens, 2014. "How did we get to where we are now? Reflections on 50 years of macroeconomic and financial econometrics," Discussion Papers 14/17, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Andreas Hoffmann, 2010.
"An Overinvestment Cycle In Central And Eastern Europe?,"
Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(4), pages 711-734, November.
- Hoffmann, Andreas, 2009. "An Overinvestment Cycle in Central and Eastern Europe?," MPRA Paper 15668, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gamber, Edward N. & Joutz, Frederick L., 2005. "The Yield Curve Slope and Monetary Policy Innovations," Economics Series 171, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Leeper, Eric M. & Gordon, David B., 1992.
"In search of the liquidity effect,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 341-369, June.
- David B. Gordon & Eric M. Leeper, 1991. "In search of the liquidity effect," International Finance Discussion Papers 403, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David B. Gordon & Eric M. Leeper, 1991. "In search of the liquidity effect," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 91-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- David C. Wheelock, 1999. "National monetary policy by regional design: the evolving role of the Federal Reserve banks in Federal Reserve System policy," Working Papers 1998-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bernanke, Ben S & Blinder, Alan S, 1992.
"The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transmission,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 901-921, September.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Alan S. Blinder, 1989. "The federal funds rate and the channels of monetary transmission," Working Papers 89-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ben Bernanke, 1990. "The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transnission," NBER Working Papers 3487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness cycles; monetary policy; fiscal policy;
All these keywords.
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28771. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.