The Benefits and Importance of Commercial Real Estate
The economic climate of late has battered investment classes across the board, including commercial real estate. Aside from the usual arguments about including real estate in a well-diversified portfolio, there are compelling reasons to invest in commercial real estate in the current environment. Though the risks are real, income and return characteristics of commercial real estate investment provide a buffer through annuitized cash flow, and savvy investors who “dollar cost average” into the real estate cycle maybe able to acquire assets at prices that will deliver attractive returns over the long time. The Islamic dictum stands side by side on this notion and with the Shariah compliant version in form of „i-REITS‟, it has indeed made its presence felt, but still it leaves a lot to be explored in this sector which mars an ideal potential for a new found.
|Date of creation:||25 Nov 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Conlin Lizieri & Steven Satchell & Elaine Worzala & Roberto Dacco', 1998. "Real Interest Regimes and Real Estate Performance: A Comparison of UK and US Markets," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 16(3), pages 339-356.
- Bradford Case & William N. Goetzmann & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 2000.
"Global Real Estate Markets - Cycles and Fundamentals,"
NBER Working Papers
7566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William N. Goetzmann & Bradford Case & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 1999. "Global Real Estate Markets: Cycles And Fundamentals," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm116, Yale School of Management.
- Bradford Case & William Goetzmann & K. Rouwenhorst, 1999. "Global Real Estate Markets: Cycles And Fundamentals," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm20, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2001.
- Su Han Chan & Wai Kin Leung & Ko Wang, 1998. "Institutional Investment in REITs: Evidence and Implications," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 16(3), pages 357-374.
- Colin Lizieri & Charles Ward, 2000. "Commercial Real Estate Return Distributions: A Review Of Literature And Empirical Evidence," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2000-01, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Simon Stevenson, 2000. "International Real Estate Diversification: Empirical Tests using Hedged Indices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 19(1), pages 105-131.
- Colin Lizieri & Stephen Satchell, 1997. "Property company performance and real interest rates: a regime-switching approach," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 85-97, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.