The Determinants of Self-Eployment in Pakistan: Evidence From Primary Data Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Thi Quynh Trang Do & Gérard Duchêne, 2007.
"Determinants of self-employment : the case in Vietnam,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Thi Quynh Trang Do & Gérard Duchêne, 2008. "Determinants of self-employment : the case in Vietnam," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne v08038, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Yamada, Gustavo, 1996. "Urban Informal Employment and Self-Employment in Developing Countries: Theory and Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 289-314, January.
- Yannis Georgellis & Howard Wall, 2005. "Gender differences in self-employment," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 321-342.
- Shahnaz Kazi & Bilquees Raza, 1989. "Women in the Informal Sector: Home-based Workers in Karachi," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 28(4), pages 777-788.
- Amelie Constant & Klaus Zimmermann, 2006.
"The Making of Entrepreneurs in Germany: Are Native Men and Immigrants Alike?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 279-300, April.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2004. "The Making of Entrepreneurs in Germany: Are Native Men and Immigrants Alike?," IZA Discussion Papers 1440, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gill, Andrew M, 1988. "Choice of Employment Status and the Wages of Employees and the Self-employed: Some Further Evidence," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(3), pages 229-234, July-Sept.
More about this item
KeywordsSelf-Employment; Logistic Regression; Experience; Health; Educational attainment; Household assets; Bahawalpur; Pakistan;
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .