Choice of Employment Status and the Wages of Employees and the Self-employed: Some Further Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roche, Kristen, 2013. "Reconciling gender differences in the returns to education in self-employment: Does occupation matter?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 112-119.
- Andren, Daniela & Earle, John S. & Sapatoru, Dana, 2005.
"The wage effects of schooling under socialism and in transition: Evidence from Romania, 1950-2000,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 300-323, June.
- Daniela Andren & John S. Earle & Dana Sapatoru, "undated". "The Wage Effects of Schooling under Socialism and in Transition: Evidence from Romania, 1950-2000," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles jse20051, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Daniela Andren & John S. Earle & Dana Sapatoru, 2004. "The Wage Effects of Schooling under Socialism and in Transition: Evidence from Romania, 1950-2000," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 04-108, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Yannis Georgellis & Howard J. Wall, 2006. "Entrepreneurship and the policy environment," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 95-112.
- Inmaculada García Mainar & Víctor M. Montuenga Gómez, 2004. "Returns to education and to experience within the EU: are there differences between wage earners and the self-employed?," Documentos de Trabajo dt2004-08, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- José María Millán & Emilio Congregado & Concepción Román, 2010.
"Determinants of Self-Employment Dynamics and their Implications on Entrepreneurial Policy Effectiveness,"
Lecturas de Economía,
Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 72, pages 45-76.
- Millán, José María & Congregado, Emilio & Román, Concepción, 2010. "Determinants of Self-Employment Dynamics and their Implications on Entrepreneurial Policy Effectiveness," REVISTA LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, August.
- Taye Mengistae, 1998.
"Wage rates and job queues: does the public sector overpay in Ethiopia?,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1998-20, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Mengistae, Taye, 1999. "Wage rates and job queues - does the public sector overpay in Ethiopia?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2105, The World Bank.
- Nadia Simoes & Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira, 2016.
"Individual Determinants Of Self-Employment Entry: What Do We Really Know?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 783-806, September.
- Simoes, Nadia & Moreira, Sandrina B. & Crespo, Nuno, 2013. "Individual Determinants of Self-Employment Entry – What Do We Really Know?," MPRA Paper 48403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pfann, Gerard A. & Blumberg, Boris F., 2001.
"Social Capital and the Uncertainty Reduction of Self-Employment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
303, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Boris F. Blumberg & Gerard A. Pfann, 2001. "Social Capital and the Uncertainty Reduction of Self-Employment," Working Papers 0112, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Ira N. Gang & Catherine Y. Co & Myeong-Su Yun, 2002.
"Self-Employment and Wage Earning: Hungary During Transition,"
Departmental Working Papers
200219, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Co, Catherine Y. & Gang, Ira N. & Yun, Myeong-Su, 2002. "Self-Employment and Wage Earning: Hungary During Transition," IZA Discussion Papers 572, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nathalie Colombier & David Masclet, 2008.
"Intergenerational correlation in self employment: some further evidence from French ECHP data,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 423-437, April.
- David Masclet & Nathalie Colombier, 2008. "Intergenerational correlation in self employment : some further evidence from French ECHP data," Post-Print halshs-00144842, HAL.
- Yannis Georgellis & Howard Wall, 2005. "Gender differences in self-employment," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 321-342.
- repec:cii:cepiei:2014-q2-138-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas A. Garrett & Howard J. Wall, 2006. "Creating a Policy Environment for Entrepreneurs," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 26(3), pages 525-552, Fall.
- Sieds, 2011. "Complete Volume LXV n.1 2011," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - Italian Review of Economics, Demography and Statistics, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 65(1), pages 1-181.
- Ira N. Gang & Catherine Y. Co & Myeong-Su Yun, 1999. "Switching Models with Self-Selection: Self-Employment in Hungary," Departmental Working Papers 199912, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Nils Braakmann, 2007. "Differences in the earnings distribution of self- and dependent emploxed German men - evidence from a quantile regression decomposition analysis," Working Paper Series in Economics 55, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Earle, John S. & Sakova, Zuzana, 1999. "Entrepreneurship from Scratch: Lessons on the Entry Decision into Self-Employment from Transition Economies," IZA Discussion Papers 79, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Edvard Johansson, 2000. "Self-employment and the predicted earnings differential - evidence from Finland," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 45-55, Spring.
- Dutta, Nabamita & Kar, Saibal & Roy, Sanjukta, 2014. "Education and Self-Employment: South Asian Immigrants in the US Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 8152, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel, 2001. "Wage Earners, Self Employed and Gender in the Informal Sector in Turkey," Working Papers 0102, Economic Research Forum, revised 01 Nov 2001.
- Parker, Simon C., 2008.
"Entrepreneurship among married couples in the United States: A simultaneous probit approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 459-481, June.
- Parker, Simon C., 2005. "Entrepreneurship Among Married Couples in the United States: A Simultaneous Probit Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 1712, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anwar, Mumtaz & Faridi, Muhammad Zahir & Chaudhry, Imran Sharif & Majeed, Asma, 2010. "The Determinants of Self-Eployment in Pakistan: Evidence From Primary Data Analysis," MPRA Paper 28196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brian Ashcroft & Darryl Holden & Kenneth Low, 2009. "Entrepreneurial Interest, Vision and the Self-employment Choice Decision in UK Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(8), pages 1075-1090.
- Allen, W. David, 2000. "Social networks and self-employment," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 487-501.
- Dawson, Christopher & Henley, Andrew & Latreille, Paul L., 2009. "Why Do Individuals Choose Self-Employment?," IZA Discussion Papers 3974, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:3:y:1988:i:3:p:229-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.