How does environmental performance affect financial performance? Evidence from Japanese manufacturing firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Shimamoto, Kenichi, 2006.
"Globalization, firm-level characteristics and environmental management: A study of Japan,"
Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 312-323, September.
- Matthew Cole, Robert Elliott and Kenichi Shimamoto, 2005. "Globalization, Firm-Level Characteristics and Environmental Management: A Study of Japan," Discussion Papers 05-17, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Shameek Konar & Mark A. Cohen, 2001. "Does The Market Value Environmental Performance?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 281-289, May.
- Yamaguchi, Keiko, 2008. "Reexamination of stock price reaction to environmental performance: A GARCH application," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 345-352, December.
- Esther Blanco & Javier Rey-Maquieira & Javier Lozano, 2009. "The Economic Impacts Of Voluntary Environmental Performance Of Firms: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 462-502, July.
- Salama, Aly, 2005. "A note on the impact of environmental performance on financial performance," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 413-421, September.
- Théophile AZOMAHOU & Phu NGUYEN VAN & Marcus WAGNER, 2001. "Determinants of Environmental and Economic Performance of Firms: An Empirical Analysis of the European Paper Industry," Working Papers of BETA 2001-22, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Andrew King & Michael Lenox, 2002. "Exploring the Locus of Profitable Pollution Reduction," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(2), pages 289-299, February.
- Takeda, Fumiko & Tomozawa, Takanori, 2008. "A change in market responses to the environmental management ranking in Japan," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 465-472, October.
- Hirsch, Barry T & Seaks, Terry G, 1993. "Functional Form in Regression Models of Tobin's q," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 381-385, May.
- Elsayed, Khaled & Paton, David, 2005. "The impact of environmental performance on firm performance: static and dynamic panel data evidence," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 395-412, September.
- Sarkis, Joseph & Cordeiro, James J., 2001. "An empirical evaluation of environmental efficiencies and firm performance: Pollution prevention versus end-of-pipe practice," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 102-113, November.
- Dylan Rassier & Dietrich Earnhart, 2010. "Does the Porter Hypothesis Explain Expected Future Financial Performance? The Effect of Clean Water Regulation on Chemical Manufacturing Firms," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(3), pages 353-377, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2011.
"Finance and growth: Schumpeter might be wrong in our era. New evidence from Meta-analysis,"
32559, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Feb 2013.
- Asongu Simplice, 2013. "Finance and growth: Schumpeter might be wrong in our era. New evidence from Meta-analysis," Working Papers 13/009, African Governance and Development Institute..
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Performance; Financial Performance; Japanese Manufacturing Firms; Waste Emissions; Greenhouse Gas Emissions;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2011-01-03 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-01-03 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27721. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .