Knowledge Production in European Union: Evidence from a National Level Panel Data
The knowledge production function framework is used to understand how territories transform specific inputs into knowledge outputs. This article focuses knowledge production function estimation at European Union with twenty five member-states using a data panel analysis between 1999 and 2003. The importance of different variables in knowledge production is tested. The econometric results give relevant insights for EU decision-makers and the creation of a more integrated European Research Area and innovation cooperation within Europe.
|Date of creation:||07 Dec 2010|
|Date of revision:||07 Dec 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yannick Lung & Bruno Amable, 2008.
"The European Socio-Economic Models of a Knowledge-based society. Main findings and conclusion,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Bruno AMABLE (Université Paris I and CEPREMAP) & Yannick LUNG (GREThA-GRES), 2008. "The European Socio-Economic Models of a Knowledge-based society. Main findings and conclusions," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2008-20, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Hugo Pinto & Paulo M. M. Rodrigues, 2010. "Knowledge Production in European Regions: The Impact of Regional Strategies and Regionalization on Innovation," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(10), pages 1731-1748, October.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-71, November.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- Zvi Griliches, 1979.
"Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 92-116, Spring.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth," NBER Chapters, in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 17-45 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raffaele Paci & Stefano Usai, 2009.
"Knowledge flows across European regions,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 669-690, September.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-70, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27283. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.