The Impact of Domestic Resource Cost on the Comparative Advantages of Iran Crude Steel Sector
Steel is fundamental material for many industries that could produced by blast furnace (BF) and direct reduced Iron technology (DRI) .these two technologies differ from each other in term of difference of production cost, energy consumption, investment and environment issues. The purpose of this paper is to investigate comparative advantages of these two technologies by using domestic resource cost (DRC) method. It provides a comparison between the domestic costs to produce a specific good with its value added at international prices, which was done by Mckay (1999), DHEHIBI (2009), Ruiz (2003) and Bonjec (2002). The result suggests that that although both two technologies have its own comparative advantages, the blast furnace method (BF) would be more preferable than direct reduced Iron technology (DRI).
|Date of creation:||28 Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:||25 Oct 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cockburn, J. & Siggel, E. & Coulibaly, M. & Vezina, S., 1998.
"Measuring Competitiveness and Its Sources: The Case of Mali's Manufacturing Sector,"
Equity and Growth through Economic Research
16, EAGER Publication/BHM.
- Cockburn, J. & Siggel, E. & Coulibaly, M. & Vezina, S., 1998. "Measuring Competitiveness and Its Sources: The Case of Mali's Manufacturing Sector," Papers 16, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- Bruno, Michael, 1972. "Domestic Resource Costs and Effective Protection: Clarification and Synthesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(1), pages 16-33, Jan.-Feb..
- Warr, Peter G, 1983. "Domestic Resource Cost as an Investment Criterion," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 302-06, July.
- Bojnec, Stefan, 2002. "Agricultural and Food Competitiveness in Transition Central and Eastern European Countries: Social Profit Rate and Domestic Resource Cost Approaches," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(2), August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.