The economic policy of Ronald Reagan
“Reaganomics” is a popular term used to refer to the economic policies of Ronald W. Reagan, the 40th U.S. President (1981–1989), which called for widespread tax cuts, decreased social spending, increased military spending, and the deregulation of domestic markets. In this paper, we analyze American economic policy during the Eigh-ties. After a brief introduction, where a general economic context of that country is shown, we discuss and revise the economic literature about these issues. Afterwards, we present an augmented IS-LM model for Reagan years, estimated bay VAR techniques.
|Date of creation:||30 Jun 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Orzechowski, William, 1991. "Reaganomics and the Use of Collective Rebates," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 311-22, March.
- Smyth, David J & Dua, Pami, 1988. "Public Perceptions of Macroeconomic Policy: An Econometric Analysis of the Reagan Presidency," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 357-61, May.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Christopher DeMuth & James Burnley, 1994. "Health and Safety Regulation," NBER Chapters, in: American Economic Policy in the 1980s, pages 453-518 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adrian W. Throop, 1991. "Fiscal policy in the Reagan years: a burden on future generations?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Win, pages 3-23.
- Stephen N. Marris, 1985. "The Decline and Fall of the Dollar: Some Policy Issues," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 16(1), pages 237-244.
- Danziger, Sheldon, 1983. "Budget Cuts as Welfare Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 65-70, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23930. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.