États-Unis,“soupe primitive” de la crise financière
[The United-States : "primitive soup" of the financial turmoil]
It is likely that such a crisis could not be born somewhere else only in the United States. The "current financial disaster" is the fruit of the combination of specific factors in the US, where elements were gathered to catalyse such a crisis, like, someway, some "primal soup" where were combined all the ingredients favorable to the emergence of the life on our planet (Brack A ., 1998). The conjunction of these factors was made worse as these last ones were contagious because of the globalization.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, .
"Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets,"
J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers
_124, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- Robert A. Eisenbeis & W. Scott Frame & Larry D. Wall, 2004.
"Resolving large financial intermediaries: banks versus housing enterprises,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2004-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Wall, Larry D. & Eisenbeis, Robert A. & Frame, W. Scott, 2005. "Resolving large financial intermediaries: Banks versus housing enterprises," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 386-425, April.
- Glaeser, Edward & Saiz, Albert & Gyourko, Joseph, 2008.
"Housing Supply and Housing Bubbles,"
2962640, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Randall S. Kroszner, 2007. "Recent innovations in credit markets: a speech to the 2007 Credit Markets Symposium at the Charlotte Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Charlotte, North Carolina, March 22, 2007," Speech 270, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- William F. Bassett & Egon Zakrajsek, 2003. "Recent developments in business lending by commercial banks," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Dec, pages 477-492.
- Olivier Blanchard & John Simon, 2001. "The Long and Large Decline in U.S. Output Volatility," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 32(1), pages 135-174.
- Andrew Kuritzkes & Til Schuermann & Scott M. Weiner, 2002. "Risk Measurement, Risk Management and Capital Adequacy in Financial Conglomerates," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-02, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Nicholas Barberis & Ming Huang & Tano Santos, 2001. "Prospect Theory and Asset Prices," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 1-53.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.