Principal Constituents Decomposition of Economic Development—A Domestic Level Analysis of Sub-Saharan African Countries
This paper tries to answer the question of what should be the main focuses to improve the poverty situation in Sub-Saharan Africa, through a liberal perspective, by decomposing the economic development in the region into several principal constituents on the domestic level. Emphasis is made on the policy evaluation and implications from these constituents, with a special note on the actual institutional implementation, where the issues of agency coordination are discussed. A case of Tanzania is provided in the appendices in an attempt to better illustrate the analytical results.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emmanuel Brou Aka & Bernardin Akitoby & Amor Tahari & Dhaneshwar Ghura, 2004. "Sources of Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 04/176, International Monetary Fund.
- Janine Aron, 2003.
"Building institutions in post-conflict African economies,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 471-485.
- Aron, Janine, 2002. "Building Institutions in Post-Conflict African Economies," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-37, October.
- Dhaneshwar Ghura & Michael T. Hadjimichael, 1996. "Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(3), pages 605-634, September.
- Janine Aron, 1997.
"Political, economic and social institutions: a review of growth evidence,"
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/1998-04, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Janine Aron, 1998. "Political, economic and social institutions: A review of growth evidence," CSAE Working Paper Series 1998-04, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.