Analyse et mesure de l'incertitude en prevision d'un modele econometrique. Application au modele mini-DMS
[Analysis and measurement of forecast uncertainty in an econometric model. Application to mini-DMS model]
This article describes the application to an operational medium-size econometric model, mini-DMS, of methods associating, to deterministic forecasts, a measure of the uncertainty due to the stochastic nature of behavioural equations. After having described the theoretical and practical foundations of the methods, we shal l analyze sequentially the deterministic bias, the uncertainty (standard error) of forecasts and of policy instruments, trying to look at the information from the point of view of the policy maker.
|Date of creation:||1984|
|Date of revision:||1984|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio & Corsi, Paolo, 1981. "Estimating asymptotic standard errors and inconsistencies of impact multipliers in nonlinear econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 277-294, August.
- Gustafson, Elizabeth F., 1978. "Testing unstable econometric models for stability : An empirical study," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 193-201, October.
- Calzolari, Giorgio, 1979. "Antithetic variates to estimate the simulation bias in non-linear models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 323-328.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1977. "Three-stage least-squares estimation for a system of simultaneous, nonlinear, implicit equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 71-88, January.
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio, 1980. "The One-Period Forecast Errors in Nonlinear Econometric Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 201-08, February.
- Ray C. Fair, 1978.
"Estimating the Expected Predictive Accuracy of Econometric Models,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
480, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fair, Ray C, 1980. "Estimating the Expected Predictive Accuracy of Econometric Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(2), pages 355-78, June.
- James M. Brundy & Dale W. Jorgenson, 1971. "Efficient estimation of simultaneous equations by instrumental variables," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 3, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Oberhofer, W & Kmenta, J, 1973. "Estimation of Standard Errors of the Characteristic Roots of a Dynamic Econometric Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 171-77, January.
- Brundy, James M & Jorgenson, Dale W, 1971. "Efficient Estimation of Simultaneous Equations by Instrumental Variables," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(3), pages 207-24, August.
- Dhrymes, Phoebus J, 1973. "Restricted and Unrestricted Reduced Forms: Asymptotic Distribution and Relative Efficiency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 119-34, January.
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio & Corsi, Paolo & Panattoni, Lorenzo, 1985. "Asymptotic properties of dynamic multipliers in nonlinear econometric models," MPRA Paper 24401, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gill, Leonard & Brissimis, Sophocles N., 1978. "Polynomial operators and the asymptotic distribution of dynamic multipliers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 373-384, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22565. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.