Information, unternehmensinterne Kommunikation und Risikopolitik
[Information, intra-firm communication and risk policy]
Based upon the foundations of mean-variance decision-making theory, we demonstrate that a change in the risk situation of an international enterprise open currency position does not inevitably require a corresponding hedging accommodation. Given a new risk situation, whether a revision of the hedging-strategy is appropriate will depend upon the elasticity of risk aversion. The elasticity of risk aversion is a decisive indicator; however, it is rarely scrutinized in the literature. In addition, our analysis illustrates the cost saving advantages of the applied (μ,σ)-principal compared to the Bernoulli-principal for information procurement processes. Applying the (μ,σ)-principal facilitates and enhances firm-internal communication information levels.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kimball, Miles S, 1993.
"Standard Risk Aversion,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 589-611, May.
- Ormiston, Michael B & Schlee, Edward E, 2001. "Mean-Variance Preferences and Investor Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(474), pages 849-61, October.
- Wagener, Andreas, 2002. "Prudence and risk vulnerability in two-moment decision models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 229-235, January.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 2001. "Globalisation, multinational enterprises and European integration," MPRA Paper 17972, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1980. "Ökonomische Entscheidungen bei Ungewißheit," Monograph, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 1, number urn:isbn:9783169427024.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21731. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.