Measuring inflation through stochastic approach to index numbers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Selvanathan, E A, 1989.
"A Note on the Stochastic Approach to Index Numbers,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 7(4), pages 471-474, October.
- E.A. Selvanathan, 1989. "A Note on the Stochastic Approach to Index Numbers," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 89-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- E. A. Selvanathan, 2003. "Extending the stochastic approach to index numbers: a comment on Crompton," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 213-215.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2007. "Index Numbers," Economics working papers diewert-07-01-03-08-17-23, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 31 Jan 2007.
- Michal Andrle, 2003. "Measurement of Inflation: Another Stochastic Approach," Macroeconomics 0306014, EconWPA.
- Kenneth Clements & E. A. Selvanathan, 2007. "More on stochastic index numbers," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 605-611.
- Selvanathan, E. A. & Selvanathan, S., 2004. "Modelling the commodity prices in the OECD countries: a stochastic approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 233-247, March.
- William Barnett & Barry E. Jones & Travis D. Nesmith, 2008. "Divisia Second Moments: An Application of Stochastic Index Number Theory," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200803, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2008.
- Paul Crompton, 2000. "Extending the stochastic approach to index numbers," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 367-371.
- Barnett, William A. & Jones, Barry E. & Nesmith, Travis D., 2008. "Divisia Second Moments," MPRA Paper 9111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic Approach; Index numbers; Inflation; OLS;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-04-04 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MAC-2010-04-04 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2010-04-04 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21513. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .