Measuring inflation through stochastic approach to index numbers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Selvanathan, E A, 1989.
"A Note on the Stochastic Approach to Index Numbers,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 7(4), pages 471-474, October.
- E.A. Selvanathan, 1989. "A Note on the Stochastic Approach to Index Numbers," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 89-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- E. A. Selvanathan, 2003. "Extending the stochastic approach to index numbers: a comment on Crompton," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 213-215.
- William Barnett & Barry E. Jones & Travis D. Nesmith, 2008. "Divisia Second Moments: An Application of Stochastic Index Number Theory," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200803, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2008.
- Paul Crompton, 2000. "Extending the stochastic approach to index numbers," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 367-371.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2007. "Index Numbers," Economics working papers diewert-07-01-03-08-17-23, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 31 Jan 2007.
- Michal Andrle, 2003. "Measurement of Inflation: Another Stochastic Approach," Macroeconomics 0306014, EconWPA.
- Barnett, William A. & Jones, Barry E. & Nesmith, Travis D., 2008. "Divisia Second Moments," MPRA Paper 9111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kenneth Clements & E. A. Selvanathan, 2007. "More on stochastic index numbers," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 605-611.
- Selvanathan, E. A. & Selvanathan, S., 2004. "Modelling the commodity prices in the OECD countries: a stochastic approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 233-247, March.
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic Approach; Index numbers; Inflation; OLS;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-04-04 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MAC-2010-04-04 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2010-04-04 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21513. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.