R-estimation for ARMA models
This paper is devoted to the R-estimation problem for the parameter of a stationary ARMA model. The asymptotic uniform linearity of a suitable vector of rank statistics leads to the asymptotic normality of √n-consistent R-estimates resulting from the minimization of the norm of this vector. By using a discretized √n-consistent preliminary estimate, we construct a new class of one-step R-estimators. We compute the asymptotic relative efficiency of the proposed estimators with respect to the LS estimator. Efficiency properties are investigated via a Monte-Carlo study in the particular case of an AR(1) model.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marc Hallin, 1994. "On the Pitman nonadmissibility of correlogram-based time series methods," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2049, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Jean-François Ingenbleek & Madan Lal Puri, 1985.
"Linear serial rank tests for randomness against ARMA alternatives,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/2003, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Jean-François Ingenbleek & Madan Lal Puri, 1984. "Linear serial rank tests for randomness against ARMA alternatives," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2167, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hallin, M. & Puri, M. L., 1994.
"Aligned Rank Tests for Linear Models with Autocorrelated Error Terms,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 175-237, August.
- Hallin, M. & Puri, L.M., 1992. "Aligned Rank tests for Linear Models with Autocorrelated Error Terms," Papers 9202, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - C.E.M.E..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.