R-estimation for ARMA models
This paper is devoted to the R-estimation problem for the parameter of a stationary ARMA model. The asymptotic uniform linearity of a suitable vector of rank statistics leads to the asymptotic normality of √n-consistent R-estimates resulting from the minimization of the norm of this vector. By using a discretized √n-consistent preliminary estimate, we construct a new class of one-step R-estimators. We compute the asymptotic relative efficiency of the proposed estimators with respect to the LS estimator. Efficiency properties are investigated via a Monte-Carlo study in the particular case of an AR(1) model.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Nonparametric Statistics 13 (2001): pp. 815-831|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marc Hallin, 1994. "On the Pitman nonadmissibility of correlogram-based time series methods," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2049, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Jean-François Ingenbleek & Madan Lal Puri, 1984.
"Linear serial rank tests for randomness against ARMA alternatives,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/2167, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Jean-François Ingenbleek & Madan Lal Puri, 1985. "Linear serial rank tests for randomness against ARMA alternatives," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2003, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hallin, M. & Puri, M. L., 1994. "Aligned Rank Tests for Linear Models with Autocorrelated Error Terms," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 175-237, August.
- Hallin, M. & Puri, L.M., 1992. "Aligned Rank tests for Linear Models with Autocorrelated Error Terms," Papers 9202, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - C.E.M.E..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.