Alta inflación y planes de ajuste en Brasil durante el retorno a la democracia - 1985-1994
[High inflation and adjustment in Brazil during the return to democracy - 1985-1994]
As it also happened in many Latin American countries during the 60s and 70s, inflation became one of the main economic problems in the Brazilian economy. The acceleration of prices and hyperinflation coexisted not only with periods of economic expansion (1956-1979), but also with huge contractions of the economy (1980-1989), and even with periods of major economic reforms(1990-1993). Inflation was perceived as a huge problem by Brazilian economic authorities from 1979 on. Since then, multiple adjustment programs were followed by the different governments with sharp distinctions between orthodox and heterodox programs. This work describes the main adjustment programs designed by economic authorities in the period 1985-1994.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- RUGE-MURCIA, Francisco J., 1997. "Heterodox Inflation Stabilization in Argentina, Brazil, and Israel. A Historical Review and Some Stylized Facts," Cahiers de recherche 9707, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Mario Henrique Simonsen, 1987. "Inflation Stabilization with Incomes Policy Support: A Review of the Experience in Argentina, Brazil and Israel," NBER Working Papers 2153, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlos Eduardo Carvalho, 2003. "O fracasso do Plano Collor: erros de execução ou de concepção?," Economia, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 4(2), pages 283-331, July-Dece.
- Jérôme Sgard, 2003. "Hyperinflation and the Reconstruction of a National Money: Argentina and Brazil, 1990-2002," Working Papers 2003-01, CEPII research center.
- Fonseca, Pedro Cezar Dutra & Monteiro, Sérgio Marley Modesto, 2005. "Credibilidade e Populismo no Brasil: A Política Econômica dos Governos Vargas e Goulart," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 59(2), April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18956. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.