Asymptotic properties of OLS estimates in autoregressions with bounded or slowly growing deterministic trends
We propose a general method of modeling deterministic trends for autoregressions. The method relies on the notion of $L_2$-approximable regressors previously developed by the author. Some facts from the theory of functions play an important role in the proof. In its present form, the method encompasses slowly growing regressors, such as logarithmic trends, and leaves open the case of polynomial trends.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:||2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Davidson, James, 1994. "Stochastic Limit Theory: An Introduction for Econometricians," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774037.
- Donald W. K. Andrews & C. John McDermott, 1995.
"Nonlinear Econometric Models with Deterministically Trending Variables,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 62(3), pages 343-360.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & C. John McDermott, 1993. "Nonlinear Econometric Models with Deterministically Trending Variables," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1053, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Serena Ng & Timothy J. Vogelsang, 2002. "Forecasting autoregressive time series in the presence of deterministic components," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 196-224, June.
- Ng, Serena & Vogelsang, Tim, 2000. "Forecasting Autoregressive Time Series in the Presence of Deterministic Components," Working Papers 00-07, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Sims, Christopher A & Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1990. "Inference in Linear Time Series Models with Some Unit Roots," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 113-144, January.
- Rahbek, Anders & Christian Kongsted, Hans & Jorgensen, Clara, 1999. "Trend stationarity in the I(2) cointegration model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 265-289, June.
- Clara Jørgensen & Hans Christian Kongsted & Anders Rahbek, 1996. "Trend-Stationarity in the I(2) Cointegration Model," Discussion Papers 96-12, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Mynbaev, Kairat, 2001. "The strengths and weaknesses of L2 approximable regressors," MPRA Paper 9056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nabeya, Seiji, 2000. "Asymptotic Distributions For Unit Root Test Statistics In Nearly Integrated Seasonal Autoregressive Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(02), pages 200-230, April.
- Andrews, Donald W.K., 1988. "Laws of Large Numbers for Dependent Non-Identically Distributed Random Variables," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 458-467, December.
- Andrews, Donald W. K., 1987. "Laws of Large Numbers for Dependent Non-Identically Distributed Random Variables," Working Papers 645, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Mynbaev, Kairat, 2000. "$L_p$-Approximable sequences of vectors and limit distribution of quadratic forms of random variables," MPRA Paper 18447, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2001.
- Anderson, T. W. & Kunitomo, Naoto, 1992. "Asymptotic distributions of regression and autoregression coefficients with martingale difference disturbances," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 221-243, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18448. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.