El ahorro privado de las familias y las pensiones públicas en Alemania y Estados Unidos:¿cumplimiento de la hipótesis del ciclo vital?
[Household private saving and public pensions in Germany and the United States:¿Does the life-cycle hypothesis hold?]
This paper details how ageing is affecting to private saving and public pensions. In this way, it analyses if Life-Cycle Hypothesis is carrying out for individuals about their saving behaviours and if Pension Public Systems can make them to vary. For this reason, it establishes a specifically household saving comparative for Germany and Unites States, studying also their ageing evolution and pay capacity of public pension retirement.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2007|
|Publication status:||Published in ICADE Review 02 12-7377.72(2007): pp. 391-416|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tullio Jappelli & Franco Modigliani, 2006.
"The Age–Saving Profile and the Life-Cycle Hypothesis,"
Chapters,in: Long-run Growth and Short-run Stabilization, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tullio Jappelli & Franco Modigliani, 1998. "The Age-Saving Profile and the Life-Cycle Hypothesis," CSEF Working Papers 09, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Orazio Attanasio, 1997. "Consumption and saving behaviour: modelling recent trends," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 23-47, February.
- Modigliani,Franco & Muralidhar,Arun, 2005. "Rethinking Pension Reform," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521676533, December.
- Modigliani, Franco & Muralidhar, Arun, 2003. "Rethinking pension reform," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 8, pages 8-9.
- Modigliani,Franco & Muralidhar,Arun, 2004. "Rethinking Pension Reform," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521834117, December.
- Feldstein, Martin, 2002. "The future of social security pensions in Europe," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 5, pages 8-12.
- Martin Feldstein, 2001. "The Future of Social Security Pensions in Europe," NBER Working Papers 8487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Montserrat Ferré Carracedo & Agustín García García & Julián Ramajo Hernández, "undated". "Los Efectos De La Política Fiscal Sobre El Ahorro Privado: Evidencia Para La Ocde," Working Papers 3-04 Classification-JEL :, Instituto de Estudios Fiscales. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.