Decentralization and local public goods: getting the incentives right
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- James Roumasset, 1989. "Decentralization and Local Public Goods: Getting the Incentives Right," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 26(1), pages 1-13, June.
- James Roumasset, 1988. "Decentralization and Local Public Goods Getting the Incentives Right," Working Papers 198805, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Groves, Theodore & Ledyard, John O, 1977.
"Optimal Allocation of Public Goods: A Solution to the "Free Rider" Problem,"
Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 783-809, May.
- Theodore Groves & John Ledyard, 1976. "Optimal Allocation of Public Goods: A Solution to the 'Free Rider Problem'," Discussion Papers 144, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1978.
"On the Use of Distributional Weights in Social Cost-Benefit Analysis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(2), pages 87-120, April.
- Arnold C. Harberger, 1978. "On the Use of Distributional Weights in Social Cost-Benefit Analysis," NBER Chapters,in: Research in Taxation, pages 87-120 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1969. "Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1980. "Experiments with a Decentralized Mechanism for Public Good Decisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 584-599, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Roumasset, 2004.
"Rural Institutions, Agricultural Development, and Pro-Poor Economic Growth,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development,
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 1(1), pages 61-82, June.
- Roumasset, James, 1. "Rural Institutions, Agricultural Development, and Pro-Poor Economic Growth," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 1(1).
- Majah-Leah Ravago & James Roumasset, 2009. "Economic Policy for Sustainable Growth and Development vs. Greedy Growth and Preservationism," Working Papers 200909, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Roumasset, James, 1992. "INVESTING in Agriculturally-Led Growth: The Philippine Case," MPRA Paper 14847, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ballesteros, Marife M., 2002. "Rethinking Institutional Reforms in the Philippine Housing Sector," Discussion Papers DP 2002-16, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Karl Jandoc & Ruben Juarez & James Roumasset, 2014. "Towards an Economics of Irrigation Networks," Working Papers 201416, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Majah-Leah Ravago & James Roumasset, 2016. "The Public Economics of Electricity Policy with Philippine Applications," Working Papers 201613, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsdecentralization; incentive compatible; devolution;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H76 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other Expenditure Categories
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .