Vplyv inflačných očakávaní na vývoj úrokových sadzieb v krajinách Višegrádskej štvorky
[Inflation expectations and interest rates development in the Visegrad countries]
Market interest rates are usually determined not only by the inflation related determinants but also by the forces that affect real interest rates fluctuations. In point of fact the nominal interest rates are driven by many specific determinants so that it should not be clear the nominal interest rates fluctuations are given by the changes in inflation expectations or by the changes in the expected real interest rates. The correct identification of the nominal interest rates fluctuations is simply crucial for the monetary policy decision making. In the article we analyze the sources of the nominal interest rates fluctuations in the Visegrad countries in order to identify the impact of the inflation expectations and expected real interest rates on the interest rates of the interbank deposits with different maturity using structural vector autoregression (SVAR). From the estimated model we compose the variance decomposition and the impulse-response function of the interbank deposits interest rates with the maturity 1, 3 and 6 months.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher Ragan, 1995.
"Deriving Agents' Inflation Forecasts from the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
- Christopher Ragan, . "Deriving Agents' Inflation Forecasts from the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Working Papers 95-1, Bank of Canada.
- Mishkin, F.S., 1988.
"What Does The Term Structure Tell Us About Future Inflation?,"
fb-_88-29, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Mishkin, Frederic S., 1990. "What does the term structure tell us about future inflation?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 77-95, January.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1988. "What Does the Term Structure Tell Us About Future Inflation?," NBER Working Papers 2626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988.
"The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbance,"
497, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Quah, Danny, 1989. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 655-73, September.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances," NBER Working Papers 2737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engsted, Tom, 1995. "Does the Long-Term Interest Rate Predict Future Inflation? A Multi-country Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 42-54, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17059. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.