Predicting Elections from Biographical Information about Candidates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fair, Ray C, 1978.
"The Effect of Economic Events on Votes for President,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 159-173, May.
- Ray C. Fair, 1976. "The Effects of Economic Events on Votes for President," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 418, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Graefe, Andreas & Armstrong, J. Scott, 2008. "Forecasting Elections from Voters’ Perceptions of Candidates’ Positions on Issues and Policies," MPRA Paper 9829, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lichtman, Allan J., 2008. "The keys to the white house: An index forecast for 2008," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 301-309.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- How to select presidential candidates based on their biography
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2009-09-14 19:58:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cote, Joseph A., 2011. "Predicting elections from biographical information about candidates: A commentary essay," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 696-698, July.
- Voss, Kevin E., 2011. "Voss wins the Presidency! A commentary essay on "Predicting elections from biographical information about candidates: A test of the index method"," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 345-347, April.
More about this item
Keywordsforecasting; unit weighting; Dawes rule; differential weighting;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2009-08-02 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-ECM-2009-08-02 (Econometrics)
- NEP-FOR-2009-08-02 (Forecasting)
- NEP-POL-2009-08-02 (Positive Political Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .