Sustainable financing for ocean and coastal management in Jamaica: The potential for revenues from tourist user fees
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Edwards, Peter E.T., 2009. "Sustainable financing for ocean and coastal management in Jamaica: The potential for revenues from tourist user fees," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 376-385, March.
- Peter Edwards, 2008. "Sustainable financing for ocean and coastal management in Jamaica: The potential for revenues from tourist user fees," Working Papers 200804, Latin American and Caribbean Environmental Economics Program, revised Jun 2008.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard T. Carson, 2011. "Contingent Valuation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2489.
- Giraud, Kelly & Turcin, Branka & Loomis, John & Cooper, Joseph, 2002. "Economic benefit of the protection program for the Steller sea lion," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 451-458, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schuhmann, Peter W. & Mahon, Robin, 2015. "The valuation of marine ecosystem goods and services in the Caribbean: A literature review and framework for future valuation efforts," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 56-66.
- Ghermandi, Andrea & Nunes, Paulo A.L.D., 2013.
"A global map of coastal recreation values: Results from a spatially explicit meta-analysis,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 1-15.
- Andrea Ghermandi & Paulo A.L.D. Nunes, 2011. "A Global Map of Costal Recreation Values: results from a spatially explicit meta-analysis," Working Papers 2011_08, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Halkos, George, 2012. "The use of contingent valuation in assessing marine and coastal ecosystems’ water quality: A review," MPRA Paper 42183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Juan Ignacio Pulido-Fernández & Yaiza López-Sánchez, 2016. "Are Tourists Really Willing to Pay More for Sustainable Destinations?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-20, November.
- Francisco LÃ³pez-del-Pino & JosÃ© M. GrisolÃa, 2018. "Pricing Beach Congestion," Tourism Economics, , vol. 24(4), pages 449-472, June.
- Shabbar Jaffry & Alexandros Apostolakis, 2011. "Evaluating individual preferences for the British Museum," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 35(1), pages 49-75, February.
- Chen, Jyun-Long & Chen, Jun-Yu & Chuang, Ching-Ta & Lu, Hsueh-Jung & Liu, Hsiang-Hsi & Lin, Yu-Shang, 2014. "Developing a co-management financing mechanism to enhance the financial sustainability of marine protected areas in Taiwan," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 126-133.
- Gill, David A. & Schuhmann, Peter W. & Oxenford, Hazel A., 2015. "Recreational diver preferences for reef fish attributes: Economic implications of future change," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 48-57.
More about this item
KeywordsJamaica reefs; Resource management; Coastal tourism; Tourist user fees;
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14769. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.