Intertemporal substitution and durable goods: long-run data
In this paper, we use long-run annual data to estimate the intertemporal elasticity of substitution while accounting for the intra-temporal substitution between nondurable consumption goods and durable consumption goods. We apply a two-step procedure that combines a cointegration approach to preference parameter estimation with Generalized Method of Moments.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Park, Joon Y, 1992. "Canonical Cointegrating Regressions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 119-143, January.
- Ogaki, Masao & Park, Joon Y., 1997.
"A cointegration approach to estimating preference parameters,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 107-134.
- Ogaki, M. & Park, Y.Y., 1989. "A Cointegration Approach To Estimating Preference Parameters," RCER Working Papers 209, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Eichenbaum, Martin & Hansen, Lars Peter, 1990. "Estimating Models with Intertemporal Substitution Using Aggregate Time Series Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(1), pages 53-69, January.
- Martin S. Eichenbaum & Lars Peter Hansen, 1987. "Estimating Models with Intertemporal Substitution Using Aggregate Time Series Data," NBER Working Papers 2181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- han, H.L. & Ogaki, M., 1991. "Consumption, Income, and Cointegration Further Analysis," RCER Working Papers 305, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Cooley, Thomas F & Ogaki, Masao, 1996. "A Time Series Analysis of Real Wages, Consumption, and Asset Returns," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 119-134, March-Apr.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988. "Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 339-357, April.
- Robert E. Hall, 1981. "Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption," NBER Working Papers 0720, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1996. "Efficient Estimation of Linear Asset-Pricing Models with Moving Average Errors," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, January.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Kenneth J. Singleton, 1997. "Efficient Estimation of Linear Asset Pricing Models with Moving-Average Errors," NBER Technical Working Papers 0086, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masao Ogaki & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1998. "Measuring Intertemporal Substitution: The Role of Durable Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 1078-1098, October.
- Ogaki, M & Reinhart, C-M, 1995. "Measuring Intertemporal Substitution : The Role of Durable Goods," RCER Working Papers 404, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao, 1995. "Measuring intertemporal substitution: The role of durable goods," MPRA Paper 13690, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wykoff, Frank C, 1970. "Capital Depreciation in the Postwar Period: Automobiles," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(2), pages 168-172, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13683. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.