Intertemporal substitution and durable goods: long-run data
In this paper, we use long-run annual data to estimate the intertemporal elasticity of substitution while accounting for the intra-temporal substitution between nondurable consumption goods and durable consumption goods. We apply a two-step procedure that combines a cointegration approach to preference parameter estimation with Generalized Method of Moments.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lars Peter Hansen & Kenneth J. Singleton, 1997.
"Efficient Estimation of Linear Asset Pricing Models with Moving-Average Errors,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0086, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1996. "Efficient Estimation of Linear Asset-Pricing Models with Moving Average Errors," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, January.
- Ogaki, M & Reinhart, C-M, 1995.
"Measuring Intertemporal Substitution : The Role of Durable Goods,"
RCER Working Papers
404, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Masao Ogaki & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1998. "Measuring Intertemporal Substitution: The Role of Durable Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 1078-1098, October.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao, 1995. "Measuring intertemporal substitution: The role of durable goods," MPRA Paper 13690, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eichenbaum, Martin & Hansen, Lars Peter, 1990.
"Estimating Models with Intertemporal Substitution Using Aggregate Time Series Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 8(1), pages 53-69, January.
- Martin S. Eichenbaum & Lars Peter Hansen, 1987. "Estimating Models with Intertemporal Substitution Using Aggregate Time Series Data," NBER Working Papers 2181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- han, H.L. & Ogaki, M., 1991. "Consumption, Income, and Cointegration Further Analysis," RCER Working Papers 305, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Park, Joon Y, 1992. "Canonical Cointegrating Regressions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 119-43, January.
- Ogaki, Masao & Park, Joon Y., 1997.
"A cointegration approach to estimating preference parameters,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 107-134.
- Ogaki, M. & Park, Y.Y., 1989. "A Cointegration Approach To Estimating Preference Parameters," RCER Working Papers 209, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert E. Hall, 1981.
"Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption,"
NBER Working Papers
0720, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wykoff, Frank C, 1970. "Capital Depreciation in the Postwar Period: Automobiles," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(2), pages 168-72, May.
- Cooley, Thomas F & Ogaki, Masao, 1996. "A Time Series Analysis of Real Wages, Consumption, and Asset Returns," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 119-34, March-Apr.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13683. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.